What's new

Wow, tried a cream for first time

I ordered and received a Truefit & Hill shaving cream sampler ( a few balms included). I had previously used soap pucks since I started
about 6 weeks ago. All I can say is WOW. I tried the Sandalwood. The Lather was AMAZING. 3 passes, as close as I think I can get to a BBS, a DFS for sure. And my skin loved the aftershave balm. my face feels AMAZING.

I've tried many varieties of TOBS creams and gone through both the T&H and Trumpers samplers. Of the three T's I prefer T&H.

Of course there are other creams I like - Musgo, Proraso and eShave come to mind.

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
I've tried many varieties of TOBS creams and gone through both the T&H and Trumpers samplers. Of the three T's I prefer T&H.

Of course there are other creams I like - Musgo, Proraso and eShave come to mind.

You have good taste. You'd probably like DRH, too.

Nice! I have a few creams, but find that the lather is a bit finicky. I can lather Proraso soap no problem, but the cream is a bit more difficult for me. Perhaps I am using too much water? Even when it's relatively creamy it seems to dry out on my face quick than when using one of my soaps.

Joe

Nice! I have a few creams, but find that the lather is a bit finicky. I can lather Proraso soap no problem, but the cream is a bit more difficult for me. Perhaps I am using too much water? Even when it's relatively creamy it seems to dry out on my face quick than when using one of my soaps.

Joe

Well, I'd have to see it, but probably not enough. Proraso is a thirsty cream.

Now go the next step: put a dab of your favorite cream on a puck of your favorite soap and make a superlather. Some of my (and others') favorite combos are in this thread; scroll down to Similar Threads, at the bottom of that page, for more.

My latest discovery: C&E West Indian Lime soap + Erasmic cream (new formulation). The scents and textures of these two products blend exceptionally well. :thumbsup:

You have good taste. You'd probably like DRH, too.

Since the OP is new I will say that DRH is an abbreviation for D. R. Harris. TOBS is Taylor's of Bay Street. Truefitt & Hill, Taylor's of Bay Street and DR Harris all sell both soaps and creams.

Top Bottom