What's new

WOW! This first attempt with soap lathering was impressive!

Although I signed up almost a decade ago, there's really been very little need to create posts due to the influx of great information available on here. Also, up until a few months ago I just kept giving up on trying to get this DE thing to actually work. (crazy ingrown hair breakouts left me with no confidence to make another attempt)

Well, that's definitely changed as I've fallen into the rabbit hole. lol. Stocked up on some gear and today was my first attempt at lathering a soap (Proraso and a couple other creams before now) which I managed to get the set of, from a local DE shaver.
Made it into a little fun session with my kids taking turns around the table at swirling the brush and even though I gasped when my 4-year-old son decided to fully submerge the 66mm loft of the omega 20106 brush into the mug of water, it proved to be a sufficient amount because this lather just took it like a champ.
I literally scraped the surface of this L&L Harmony soap with the tip of a butter knife and applied it to the bowl.....about the size of nickel/5 pence piece......and then this happend...

Attachments

• 20180120_125523.jpg
    20180120_125523.jpg
    258.2 KB · Views: 39
  • 20180120_125555.jpg
    20180120_125555.jpg
    278.2 KB · Views: 39
  • 20180120_125826.jpg
    20180120_125826.jpg
    183.2 KB · Views: 40
  • 20180120_125912.jpg
    20180120_125912.jpg
    215.6 KB · Views: 40
  • DSCF1603.JPG
    DSCF1603.JPG
    469.9 KB · Views: 40

Claudel Xerxes

Staff member
Congrats! Wet shaving can be frustrating when something's not coming together correctly. But, it can also be very satisfying and rewarding when things work out right. That's great that you got your kids involved as well! The lather looks good. :thumbup: Feel free to jump in on conversations more often. Thanks for sharing!

Although I signed up almost a decade ago, there's really been very little need to create posts due to the influx of great information available on here. Also, up until a few months ago I just kept giving up on trying to get this DE thing to actually work. (crazy ingrown hair breakouts left me with no confidence to make another attempt)

Well, that's definitely changed as I've fallen into the rabbit hole. lol. Stocked up on some gear and today was my first attempt at lathering a soap (Proraso and a couple other creams before now) which I managed to get the set of, from a local DE shaver.
Made it into a little fun session with my kids taking turns around the table at swirling the brush and even though I gasped when my 4-year-old son decided to fully submerge the 66mm loft of the omega 20106 brush into the mug of water, it proved to be a sufficient amount because this lather just took it like a champ.
I literally scraped the surface of this L&L Harmony soap with the tip of a butter knife and applied it to the bowl.....about the size of nickel/5 pence piece......and then this happend...
Congrats

Top Bottom