What's new

Wow target’s new shaving section

Just came from target, doing some family shopping and I passed by the shaving section to see what they had. Wow is all I can say. The redid the section to make it upscale, wood floors, and a ton of new stuff. The had the art of shaving creams, preshaves, brush and a DE razor that looks like a muhel 89, the standard cremo stuff, van der Hagen kits and razors and blades, the bevel system and brushes, bunch of duke cannon, Harry’s razors, Gillette‘s standard fare and several others I don’t know. I was very impressed. The fact that they have three different DE razors and three different brushes is outstanding.

Wet shaving seems to be growing. A lot of people are going off the canned stuff.

I think Art of shaving has helped change a lot of guys over to a brush and soap/creams.

There seems to be a growing trend lately.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
Just came from target, doing some family shopping and I passed by the shaving section to see what they had. Wow is all I can say. The redid the section to make it upscale, wood floors, and a ton of new stuff. The had the art of shaving creams, preshaves, brush and a DE razor that looks like a muhel 89, the standard cremo stuff, van der Hagen kits and razors and blades, the bevel system and brushes, bunch of duke cannon, Harry’s razors, Gillette‘s standard fare and several others I don’t know. I was very impressed. The fact that they have three different DE razors and three different brushes is outstanding.

Very cool!

Happy shaves,

Jim

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Vinyl records in Best Buy, wet shaving stuff in Target- what's next? Cats and Dogs together? ;)

But seriously, my wife tells me that Bath and Body and (some) Ulta stores have also expanded their wet shaving and men's aftershave/cologne sections.

Pretty darn cool stuff. :)

So I am 1-1 on the cool men's section in Target. The Target at the Westfield Topanga mall Target had this amazing men's shaving and hair care section. The Target in Northridge no, but they look like they are working on it. There is construction there.

I picked up some Cremo "solid cologne" on sale the other day for 5 dollars. Nice woody cypress and cedar scent.

The Duke Canon men's perfumes are also interesting- the local store has a bunch of testers out to try. Yes, they are called "colognes", but they are really eau de perfume strength. They give Axe a beat-down in terms of silage and the longevity is also quite long for a men's fragrance. I also tried an EdT called Raw Chemistry that was suppossed to have pheremones in them, it smelled good and my S.O. liked it.

Last edited:
My Target has a section like that. It's more of a men's grooming section than pure shaving but it's nice.

I think the shaving goods selection will sharply vary from store to store, as does the grooming habits of any local customer base. I'll try to swing by my Target store in Santa Maria, California, today and see what they have, but based on past observations, I'm not optimistic.

Think positive, Steve.

My Target seems to be going in the opposite direction. Their selection was better a year ago.

At my store, there's a lack of men's moisturizers- they don't have the full Everyman Jack line. In fact they don't have much of anything like that marketted to men (with the possible exception of a very heavy Nivea men's moisturizer). Maybe it doesn't sell.

My local Target is right around the corner from West Coast Shaving. Doubt they'll ever compare. That said, it's great to see more mainstream recognition of wet shaving. Plus I'll hopefully have someplace to go when travelling and in need of "the goods".

Funny in the area I live in the Target stores expanded their Men's shaving section to include lots of Bevel razor stuff and very soon took all that down and went back to their once column area like they have always had before. I don't think the wet shaving expansion warranted the set up and construction for the income, at least in my area.

I have two Targets close to me and one of them has a really nice designated mens area, but the other location doesn't offer this. It's a great shopping experience to have most of the mens products in one area and being so nicely displayed. It almost feels like its own store within a store.

Both locations can be inconsistent with stocking certain products, which can be frustrating. I noticed this especially with Every Man Jack products since I use three of their items regularly.

Rosseforp

I think this fits, Gents
My Target in Corona opened it's new Men's Section about 2 months ago, I picked up a nice Cremo horse hair brush for 11 bucks. I noticed they are getting more DE stuff all the time.

I think the shaving goods selection will sharply vary from store to store, as does the grooming habits of any local customer base. I'll try to swing by my Target store in Santa Maria, California, today and see what they have, but based on past observations, I'm not optimistic.

Think positive, Steve.
I finally stopped by my local Target store today. I was pleasantly surprised. The shaving section was 30 feet long and 7 feet tall. And it was filled with goodies!

Top Bottom