What's new

Wow target’s new shaving section

I finally stopped by my local Target store today. I was pleasantly surprised. The shaving section was 30 feet long and 7 feet tall. And it was filled with goodies!
That’s awesome. I’ll have to send my brother, Mark H. Over there to check it out. Maybe I’ll make the 4 hour drive to see it... and the drive-in one last time.

DE shaving seems to be appealing more to the younger generation based on sustainability & environmental reasons, based on what I've seen. Less waste, buy once use it forever, and so on. Multiply disposibles, cartridges, empty cans, useless plastic packaging, etc. by hundreds of millions of people and it really adds up.

Here is a local super target in my town i didnt get the other picture they had the cremo horse hair shaving brush to on a different self
proxy.php

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
Our Target here in Cootamundra Australia is now a Target Country. All that they stock now are clothing lines. It used to be a great store, electrical appliances, toys, DVD’s etc. They went through a revamp and are now clothing only. It sucks.

Looks nice on the surface, but I would not consider buying anything they sell there except maybe the Aveeno Shave gel. I don't like Cremo anymore.

While I didn't pull the trigger I was in a Target Tonite. 3 different shave brushes, AoS was prominent. Another brand, Duval, maybe? 2 razors that I saw. Wish I hadn't built of the supplies up so far so I could buy something there. If I didn't have a brush in route from Stirling I would have pulled the trigger there

Vinyl records in Best Buy, wet shaving stuff in Target- what's next? Cats and Dogs together? ;)

The difference IMO is that there isn't a clear progression of superiority going from straight razor to safety razor to cartridge razor. You can argue that a safety razor is safer than a straight razor, but I haven't seen a lot of people getting cut to ribbons at the barber shop and they use straight razors. I think you can get a good shave out of any of them. (You can get a good shave out of an electric shaver too.)

Vinyl records are an inferior medium in every way. Their chief appeal was that you could press them out by the zillions at low cost. Magnetic tape is much superior, although the pre-recorded cassette tapes popular at one time were not a good example of what magnetic tape can do.

Digital and the CD are much, much better than Vinyl records. I get that there's some nostalgia for them now, but I grew up when vinyl ruled the market and I was very glad to get rid of them and my turntable. (I did save a few collectible records, including a few that will probably never be re-released, but I recorded the ones I wanted to listen to onto digital and haven't touched the actual vinyl in years.)

Looks nice on the surface, but I would not consider buying anything they sell there except maybe the Aveeno Shave gel. I don't like Cremo anymore.

I like the Aveeno gel too. It seems to lubricate a bit better than other cans of foaming goo. I also don't like Cremo. It didn't seem to work that well and was very hard to rinse out of my razor. The Kiss My Face non-lathering shaving cream is about the same as Cremo. My wife got me a sample of a Neutrogena "Sensitive Skin" shaving cream that's also non-lathering. It's easier to rinse than the Cremo or Kiss My Face, but when I read the ingredient list I decided to stop using it. It has a number of things in it that I'd prefer to avoid if I can.

I've found that I greatly prefer things like the Proraso soaps and creams or the Rasorock/Italian Barber soaps. (I just got one of their hard soaps to try too.) I'm getting a better shave and they smell nice too. I still have about half a can of the Aveeno that I'll probably use up, but I don't think I'll buy more.

They also carry thayers witch hazel

I've tried Dickinson's and the store brands of witch hazel and didn't notice much difference between them. I guess I'll have to try the Thayers.

...The Kiss My Face non-lathering shaving cream is about the same as Cremo...
KMF is a lathering cream, it works great once you understand this. It is not at all like Cremo.

Yes, KMF can be applied by hand, but use a brush with it and you might be surprised. Add water to it, you will find it offers a lot of slickness. It is also very economical.

I don’t have a Target where I live but I have noticed the local Walmart has expanded its wet shave section.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'll look into my local target after the gym today and see what's there. AOS at a target though? Better be discounted.

So this is what I found at my target. Pretty lackluster for me. Then again I'm picky when it comes to shaving..

Attachments

• 20200120_192507.jpg
    20200120_192507.jpg
    1,023.1 KB · Views: 19
  • 20200120_192526.jpg
    20200120_192526.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 21
  • 20200120_192547.jpg
    20200120_192547.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 20

Chandu

I Waxed The Badger.
Just came from target, doing some family shopping and I passed by the shaving section to see what they had. Wow is all I can say. The redid the section to make it upscale, wood floors, and a ton of new stuff. The had the art of shaving creams, preshaves, brush and a DE razor that looks like a muhel 89, the standard cremo stuff, van der Hagen kits and razors and blades, the bevel system and brushes, bunch of duke cannon, Harry’s razors, Gillette‘s standard fare and several others I don’t know. I was very impressed. The fact that they have three different DE razors and three different brushes is outstanding.
I had a Target by me that had the same thing. They've since done away with it and they kept a few of the traditional items, but I don't think the area paid the rent in my area, so look for it to go away if it doesn't produce. That's were I bought my Cremo Horse Hair Brush.

UPDATE: AOS was NOT discounted. I've never understood the love for AOS. Lots of other brands out there just as good for less.

Last edited:
I wish they would bring back The Proraso line they once carried as well as some of the other “budget” creams soaps like Palmolive, Nivea, Speick, col conks etc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Target stores in my area don't have any wet shaving products that I can recall, and in general it's very hard to find anything better than Cremo (non-lathering version in the tubes) out in the wild around here.

Top Bottom