What's new

Wound Clinic

It all depends on how bad a nick/cut you got. For minor nicks, an alum block works a treat. For something that bleeds a bit more, a styptic pencil will be needed.

Of course, for a gusher, you're better off with stitches or staples. But if you're really tough, you could always use ants. 😁
All fine suggestions! Thank you kind sir. Unfortunately I am sure we do not have that species of ant in Minnesota

True with older stock of pink/purple plastic, but the new clear plastic unscented is advertised by Crystal as having only one ingredient - potassium alum.

Alum roll on sounds quite interesting!

I started with Alum block till I drop it few times and broke it up in 5 or 6 pieces.

Learned my lesson and got this - Omega Alum Stick.

I paid about $5.50 in Canada. Size and Weight: 2.12 oz (60 g)

Cheers,

Put the pieces in a spray bottle & fill up with water.

You've now got a very convenient alum spray on which lasts forever & may not need rinsing unless you have dry skin.

Welcome to the forum and thanks for checking in with us. Plenty of great information above. As mentioned, Alum Block and a Styptic Pencil and you are set.
Thank you for a warm welcome to what appears to be the most gentlemanly forum on the internet. This is an amazing resource for one being introduced to proper wet shaving.

Attachments

• 6263435F-15B8-4944-85B1-8C268927FA65.jpeg
    6263435F-15B8-4944-85B1-8C268927FA65.jpeg
    105.4 KB · Views: 9
  • Haha
Reactions: Anu
Fantastic! Thank you all for the suggestions. Now that I have a tiny French Alum block that I paid way to much for what do we use for follow up? I place a dab of Neosporin or Aquaphor to the area after disinfecting my dome with an alcohol rich AS. I know alcohol is quite drying but I live for that burn. I also just received some Prep cream from Italy. That seems quite nice.

Fantastic! Thank you all for the suggestions. Now that I have a tiny French Alum block that I paid way to much for what do we use for follow up? I place a dab of Neosporin or Aquaphor to the area after disinfecting my dome with an alcohol rich AS. I know alcohol is quite drying but I live for that burn. I also just received some Prep cream from Italy. That seems quite nice.
Your regimen sounds about right. Though, if you had an Indian (South Asian) market nearby, you could've probably bought an alum block for a lot less. I paid $2 for mine a couple years ago; it is only just a little smaller than it was when I originally bought it. Even then, most of that reduction is due to my own clumsiness; I've dropped the block many times and have lost some small pieces to the chipping that resulted from falling on my bathroom's floor tiles.

Put the pieces in a spray bottle & fill up with water.

You've now got a very convenient alum spray on which lasts forever & may not need rinsing unless you have dry skin.

Knowledge bomb - thank you Sir.

Do I use it in the same way? Spray on hands and apply after the shave to fix those "micro cuts"?

Cheers,

Top Bottom