What's new

Would you recommend TOBS?

I started with tobs and got the sample kit from west coast shaving. I love being able to change scents every day as well as testing them all. It has been a great way to test how the different scent smell on me with out having to commit to a whole tub
I just got the sample kit. I know each one smells different, but do they all lather up and shave the same way? Any noticeable differences so far?

For me they all lather well and shave very well. They small amazing too. Some i thought i wouldnt like i do and vice versa

If you like menthol and cooling effect creams like I do try the TOBS Peppermint. It has a ton of Peppermint oil that gives your face that cooling, tingling and refreshing feel!!!

TOBS Sandalwood is the cream that got me into wet shaving and very excited about learning everything about wet shaving. It was the very first real cream I got that made me say "wow!" Like someone above said it is the gateway drug into wet shaving.

+1 on the gateway drug assertion.

I had transitioned fron aerosol to drug store soaps (VDH) a while back but TOBS really opened my eyes to the possibilities. Well TOBS abd the good people of B&B.

The aesthetics of the tub and labeling, as well as the variety of options, really drew me in. For me it performs well and has been great to learn on.

Only have sandalwood currently, but have Mr. Taylor's and St. James on the way (good thing I didn't find out about ATTs clearance sooner)

If you like menthol and cooling effect creams like I do try the TOBS Peppermint. It has a ton of Peppermint oil that gives your face that cooling, tingling and refreshing feel!!!
The smell is awesome! I'm not a morning person or a "cool face" guy, but TOBS peppermint definitely starts the day off right!

I'm considering getting the TOBS grapefruit for my wife, and possibly myself to try. Could be a good choice.

Sent via mobile - Chris
Don't spend another minute thinking about it. It's one of my favorites, especially during thre warmer months. A very clean, fresh scent, and that incredible lather can;t be beat.. Order some now...

Don't spend another minute thinking about it. It's one of my favorites, especially during thre warmer months. A very clean, fresh scent, and that incredible lather can;t be beat.. Order some now...
You are absolutely correct. I ordered her a tub and she loves it. Now I am seeking to replace her Parker 29L with a long handled Super Adjustable. She borrowed my Fatboy, on my suggestion, and enjoyed it on setting 3, but said the handle is too short and heavy (which is what I love about it). Gotta keep her happy.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

After using a few tobs creams I've found I get better results with soaps. I still use the creams and enjoy them. But I've found I reach for my soaps much more.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

I'll start by saying TOBS was my first cream, soap, anything. At the time I thought it was great. Would I recommend it now? No. I have used 3 TOBS creams, Sandalwood, Jermyn Street and Eton College. Eton College was hands down my fav scent, the Jermyn St (for sensitive skin ironically) lit my face on fire - but all 3 had the same problem, lather drying out. I chalked it up to inexperience at the beginning of wet shaving over 2 years ago but I have since figured out how to make a proper lather and they still dried out on me. I am more of a soap, croap guy but I would highly recommend Musgo Real cream or Penhaligon's over TOBS. I have and use Musgo's classic scent and Sartorial and BB from Penhaligon's. Musgo is kind of that upper mid tier price range and Penhaligon's is up there, but, I am a firm believer you get what you pay for. My 2 cp

TOBS creams, wonderful stuff. Nice price point.
I love the Mr. Taylors and the Coconut the best. The Rose isn't bad either.
I recommend that every wet shaver should try them out at least one time!

I've only recently tried TOBS, and it was the Mr Taylors cream. I like it well enough that I'll get some others in my next order. Probably the Rose because, well, my name.
I especially like the tub with a screw-top cap that it comes in. Easy to work with slippery hands, and big enough to easily charge a brush.

Even more recently, I got my first tubs of Proraso Red and Proraso White, since I spotted them on the shelf at a local Shoppers Drugmart, so no additional shipping costs. Both are fine.

If you want to try an artisanal tallow soap, I highly recommend the First Canadian Shave Co.'s "Barbershop Taper Fade" (from Etsy, or Maggard Razor), particularly for the scent.

I got samples of Sandalwood, Cedarwood, Lavender and Lemon Lime. I later ordered regular sized contains of Sandalwood and Lemon Lime.

Lemon Lime is my favorite as the scent is stronger than the others. I didn't really care for the Lavender and although I really like the smell of Cedarwood in general the TOBS Cedarwood was even more mild than the Sandalwood (which is already pretty mild).

I realized about 3 years ago that I prefer soap pucks to creams. So I haven't used a cream in over 3 years. The other day I decided to mix things up a bit so I ordered some TOBS Sandalwood. (I had the St. James before.) Well I just got done shaving and I enjoyed it very much. So much so, I may stick with creams for awhile. Great stuff.

Top Bottom