What's new

Would you recommend TOBS?

Huge TOBS fan, Mr Taylors is my favorite. I also have Peppermint, Rose, Lemon & Lime, Eaton College, Jermyn Street, and St James. I like them all.

Big fan of TOBS creams here. I have their Sandalwood, Eton College, Lemon and Lime, Shave Shop and Aloe Vera. I like them all for different reasons. But they all build a nice slick lather, smell good and don't cost an arm and a leg. What's not to like?

Huge fan of TOBS shaving creams. Right now I have the Almond (my favorite shave soap or cream of any I have) and Peppermint. Both are good. The Peppermint is a little harder to get a good lather out of, though it isn't bad, the Almond lathers well, protects well, and smells heavenly.

I have TOBS Mr. Taylor and Sandlewood scented creams. Like them both. T&H make great creams also. Stopped in Imperial Shave store in Medina, OH last week and smelled all the TOBS creams and your coconut smells like the name states. If you like coconut, you won't be disappointed. Good Luck.

I have used Taylor of Old Bond Street shaving creams in excess of 3 years. I have now, or have used over the years, 'the St James collection', coconut, cedar wood, and my favourite at the moment is the peppermint. It leaves your face tingling. I've used the Rose as well. We all have our routines and I just checked my stockpile of creams, I have a peppermint in use, in the bathroom, half a jar left and I've got two more tubs of the peppermint in my cupboard. I also have a Cedarwood ,yet to use it but it's fragrance is subtle and compelling. So I have six tubs, one in the bathroom and five more inside.

I have to say I like TOBS and have there coconut in the tub and a large sample collection of the rest and when whipped up its rich thick and creamy. So yes I would recommend TOBS.

TOBS is decent stuff. Haven't used it for a while, but I did enjoy Eton college. Jermyn street was amazing and had a great smell but irritated me, as did the avocado. It will boil down to if you find a scent you like, and if any of the fragrances used irritate your skin.

I have four of the TOBS creams and two of their soaps. I have Jermyn Street and Sandalwood in both cream and soap, and have Mr. Taylor's and Coconut creams. Sandalwood was my first and is still my favorite scent. They all lather create great lathers and are pleasant to use. I think the soaps are under-rated and yes, I do recommend TOBS.

TOBS has been in business all these years because it sells wonderful products. Their creams are luxurious and reasonably priced.

Its great i use the luxury coconut one and it smells very sweet lathers well only use it every now and then for when i want a sweet smell

I really like TOBS sandalwood. opened some Lavender today and was not disappointed. Very light Lavender scent while shaving that dissipates a bit quicker than the sandalwood. Good stuff. TOBS doesn't disappoint.

Depends on the scent for me. I love the Sandalwood scent but wasn't a fan of TOBS. That one dried out and gave me a lousy shave. Yet, TOBS Avocado is on my top 3 list of best creams ever.

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
TOBS is good stuff. The Avocado cream is generally thought to be their best.

I started wet shaving to reduce irritation and save money. So far all I've done is reduce irritation :)

Not saving money can be really irritating.

Heh, I say "once you get over you AD", and am about point out I haven't bought anything since I believe 2006....that is, until I took off this beard last week and found out my friend does woodworking....so I had him spin up his lathe and work me up a cocobolo handled silvertip.

Top Bottom