What's new

Would you recommend TOBS?

Just tried the Coconut this morning.

The scent is amazing. Like a sweet coconut tart dessert.

Super slick creamy lather. No nicks or redness.

Can't find anything to complain about! Thanks for the input.

alishock

I wrap my lips around a lovely pipe
I have had the sandalwood and the st jermyn or whatever it's called. Find they just irritated my skin but alas I loved the scent so I did finish them both

Anyone have recommendations for a strong smelling TOBS? The local shop has a few (rose, avocado, lavender, sandalwood, cedarwood, Eaton, and Jerymm) but they all smelled light. Some were more noticeable to me than others but overall light compared to other soaps/creams I have (Stirling Executive Man, AoS Peppermint, B&M Latha). Are all TOBS lightly scented? I was really surprised that the sandalwood was very light to me, lighter than AoS Sandalwood. Maybe the Cedar and Sandalwood combo?

Anyone have recommendations for a strong smelling TOBS? The local shop has a few (rose, avocado, lavender, sandalwood, cedarwood, Eaton, and Jerymm) but they all smelled light. Some were more noticeable to me than others but overall light compared to other soaps/creams I have (Stirling Executive Man, AoS Peppermint, B&M Latha). Are all TOBS lightly scented? I was really surprised that the sandalwood was very light to me, lighter than AoS Sandalwood. Maybe the Cedar and Sandalwood combo?

TOBS Grapefruit is quite strong, at least to my nose.

I really like the TOBS creams. I have several and find they all lather easily and make loads of lather. My first was Sandalwood. I've since added Lemon and Lime, Eton College, the new Aloe Vera and the discontinued Barber Shop. I like them all and each for different reasons. I think the performance is very similar for each but would have to say that the Lemon and Lime is someone inconsistent in terms of making a nice slick lather. Maybe its me but I don't think so. I'm looking forward to adding to my TOBS collection and think Mr. Taylors will come next. And I don't think TOBS is expensive at all. Generally speaking a 5.3 oz tub of cream can be had anywhere between $12 and $16. Some of the other creams I've heard mentioned cost upwards of $30 and more. AOS Sandalwood cost me $25. I think TOBS is a great value and you can't go wrong. Go for it.

I'd recommend trying TOBS. The sandalwood was the first I owned and while I like the scent I have yet to buy a 2nd tub after I finished my first. I currently own the lavender, grapefruit and Jermyn St. (which I could take or leave as far as the scent goes).

I might make a point of digging the lavender out soon as I've not used it for months.

As it stands Cyril R. Salter, Trumpers and D. R. Harris offering rank higher for me personally. I bought Cyril R. Salter's Sandalwood before TOBS and have always preferred Salter's.

TOBS is good stuff find a scent you like and go with it. Don't let the product snobs get you down. Many experienced Wet Shavers use it still.

I'm just getting into creams but I have been using TOBS sandalwood all week that [MENTION=104903]doofus[/MENTION] sent me and I like it very much.

I love their Almond cream - just finished a tub. I have used their different scented versions and have never had one I dislike. Currently using another brand Truefitt and Hill Sandalwood and it may have the edge over TOBS, but there again it was more expensive. It is creamier and maybe feels as if it has a tad more smoothness afterwards. Hard to explain! TOBS is amazing stuff. Searching for the perfect cream is a wonderful quest.

Top Bottom