What's new

Would You Recommend the Proraso Single Blade Line of Creams? Pros/Cons

The only Proraso product that I’ve tried is the single edge wood and spice so I don’t know how it compares with the red from the regular line. It’s one of my favorite creams along with the Lea professional.

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
The only Proraso product that I’ve tried is the single edge wood and spice so I don’t know how it compares with the red from the regular line. It’s one of my favorite creams along with the Lea professional.
Sir, if you like a true Sandalwood fragrance the Red is a "must try". Especially enjoyable during cold winter months.

Of the regular Proraso line the red is the one that I’m most wanting to try
Excellent choice for winter and be sure to get the splash as well.

D1A08826-A08D-4F94-AB7C-3FAC76BC9E2C.jpeg

66B6F4E8-ECF2-4618-BBA5-B96DA9165717.jpeg

I bought the Azure Lime in Munich for 9Eu. I like it a lot. My tube is on loan to my son. May have to buy more.
It might end up being “on loan” permanently. While I haven’t tried the Azure Lime I do like the single edge line. I’d recommend getting more

Sir, if you like a true Sandalwood fragrance the Red is a "must try". Especially enjoyable during cold winter months.
I finally tried the sandalwood in the tub. Definitely one of the better sandalwood choices available. I do find that I prefer the single edge wood and spice over the original line sandalwood.

Proraso Green is nice menthol
Proraso Red is nice warm sandalwood
But Proraso Blue, oh boy, amaizing underrated shaving cream, performs beautifully and has no smell (smells a bit "blue" artificial chemical scent that goes away quickly) so you can apply any scent you like, very good for daily use
Regarding Proraso Single line, I have not tried it yet

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
I finally tried the sandalwood in the tub. Definitely one of the better sandalwood choices available. I do find that I prefer the single edge wood and spice over the original line sandalwood.
Thank you for posting your thoughts, Sir. :001_smile

The base is a bit denser so you need less product compared to the original ones. I didn’t care for the Azur Lime (weak) and Woods Spice scent (strongly artificial). The Cypress Vetyver is a nice one though. All 3 scents are unique and not related to the other lines. Performance is on the same or slightly higher level than the green/red.
"a bit denser" ....... the cream from my tube of the Cypress and Vetiver is extremely thick, difficult to squeeze out of the tube and, as a result, not suitable for face lathering. Did I just get a bad tube? Or, this is the way it is supposed to be? I find if I bowl lather it after blooming it with water, it is more satisfying.

"a bit denser" ....... the cream from my tube of the Cypress and Vetiver is extremely thick, difficult to squeeze out of the tube and, as a result, not suitable for face lathering. Did I just get a bad tube? Or, this is the way it is supposed to be? I find if I bowl lather it after blooming it with water, it is more satisfying.
Perhaps overaged? Mine was just a bit thicker than the regular one (green, red, etc.). I’m mostly a bowl latherer so one squeeze, no blooming and then lathering up.

Thanks to all who responded. I will now "squeeze" some dollars out of my pocket and get a new tube. Been wet shaving along time and figured I had an old or bad tube but just wanted to confirm with the "experts".:biggrin1:

Proraso is the brand that I started my wet shaving adventure with nearly two decades ago and continue to enjoy to this day.

I've used all the formats at least once and still use most of them on a regular basis.

I'll just go ahead and echo the prevailing sentiment. Pretty much universally understood to be slick, protective and damn near foolproof to lather. From my very first DE shave in 2005 all the way up to last week, Proraso has never failed me.

As for Single Blade, Azur Lime and Wood & Spice are two of my favorite creams, period. Don't really care for the scent of the Cypress and Vetiver. However, I dig the Azur Lime so much that when I don't use it I tend to use unscented soaps/creams just so I can use the Azur Lime cologne.

Performance-wise, I don't think Single Blade offers anything earth-shattering over regular Proraso. Which is fine, as the base line is already phenomenal. It may be slightly thicker and tend to rinse off a little cleaner but the shave is close to identical for me.

Down the years my faith in this brand has never wavered and is strong enough that when my son reaches shaving age it will amost certainly be some variant of Proraso that I give him to get started.

Top Bottom