What's new

WOULD you be interested in Mike's Natural Soap (Sandalwood)

WOULD you be interested in Mike's Natural Soap Sandalwood?

• Yes

• No

• Maybe

Results are only viewable after voting.
Hi Gents: I hope all is well with you & your families. As most of you know... I am a big fan of Mike's Natural Soap. It is probably my favorite shave soap with Mystic Water Soap being a very close second.

Several days ago, I emailed Mike inquiring & requesting if he will be making a sandalwood scent in the future. He quickly responded "yes" but did not have a time frame.

With that said, I wanted to post a poll to see how many would be interested in the sandalwood version of Mike's Natural Soap. You can sign me up as one of his first sandalwood users. So... how 'bout you? Would you be interested in a Mike's Natural Soap Sandalwood? Yes? No? Maybe? What's your story?

WARHAWK

I was just searching mikes site the other day for the beloved sandalwood and was disappointed not to find it.

I would be WAY into it, as long as the scent was EO- & not FO-based. However, I fear that would make the cost of the soap prohibitive.

A technical question for Mike: doesn't the soapmaking process require a *lot* of EO in order to scent the soap? That is, does the process itself "eat up" most EOs, thus requiring that a larger amount be used? If this is the case, then I can see how a soap scented with actual sandalwood EO (or any very pricey EO, like rose) could be very expensive.

I'd be interested if it's a natural sandalwood and not overpowering like Mystic Water's Mysore, that stuff is way too potent. It smells great in the tub but it starts to make me nauseous around the end of the first pass, also the scent lingers for a couple of hours after the shave and I don't care for that.

No but I don't like the smell of sandalwood. Giving away a Mysore Queen Charlotte and a Marlborough. I so tried to like this mysterious sandalwood.

Last edited:
I put myself into the maybe camp.
It is just I have enough soap to last me 2+ years at this point so my enthusiasm for another block/puck is not that great at the moment.
That said, I have tried the samples ad they are pretty good. So maybe in the future...

Sure. Mikes is one of my staples at this stage. I'll always keep a couple of pucks on the go. I like Sandalwood as a scent a lot, so this would be something I'd definitely try.

No, but only because I don't use any scented soaps. However, Mike's unscented is in my top three favorites. I hope he'll produce the sandalwood for all you scented soap lovers.

Nick

Yes for sure. I have 4 of his already - Coconut, Bay Rum, Pine and Barbarshop. I use them all and they're great.
I haven't tried a Sandalwood soap yet. I've tried two sandalwood creams and I'm not thrilled with them but I'm not a big cream fan to begin with. I'd try a Sandalwood soap from Mike though.

Top Bottom