What's new

Would appreciate some feedback

The new website looks great - superbly professional.

Toodlepip,

Hobbes

P.s. I tried getting a quote for shipping to the UK, but it said "We can't ship to that area"!

Steve the site has really come a long way and is looking great!
The only thing missing is a link to B&B.

Nice site, Steve. I hadn't realized you started a biz. And now I'm hopelessly gripped by the Pu-erh in the Tea Pass Box....very, very devious. :biggrin:

Hobbes

P.s. I tried getting a quote for shipping to the UK, but it said "We can't ship to that area"!

I'll look into that. I just set up the shipping options this morning so I am not surprised that it has a glitch. But, I do know that I checked the box for the UK.

Steve the site has really come a long way and is looking great!
The only thing missing is a link to B&B.

How in the world could I forget that? Will have to work that in.

Nice site, Steve. I hadn't realized you started a biz. And now I'm hopelessly gripped by the Pu-erh in the Tea Pass Box....very, very devious. :biggrin:

Right, forgot that you did not know about the business. Currently, I have a somewhat vanilla website at www.premium-chinese-teas.biz. It uses an Amazon engine in the background that I have come to despise due to the inflexibility. So, with some help from my friends (one in particular, Aquanin) I have made the jump into a serious hosting facility with some serious software built for this kind of endeavor. Once I get the new site fully configured, I will shut down the Amazon store and transfer the premium-chinese-teas.biz domain to the new domain (www.JAS-eTea.com).

P.p.s. I see you've propogated the mispelling of Sanhetang's Xizihao! Ever since Houde mispelled it as "San Ho Tang" and "Xi Zhi Hao", people (Yunnan Sourcing, for example) have been obliged to mispell it in the same way in order to get the web-hits... :)

Guang's typically Taiwanese approach to pinyin has had a significant effect on the world of tea!

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
The new website looks great - superbly professional.

Toodlepip,

Hobbes

You can always have him send it to me, and I'll forward it on to old blighty. So far, I've experienced less than a 99% failure rate this way.:tongue_sm

The new site looks great. Nice job on the logo. Very professional looking and easy to navigate. Well done!

P.p.s. I see you've propogated the mispelling of Sanhetang's Xizihao! Ever since Houde mispelled it as "San Ho Tang" and "Xi Zhi Hao", people (Yunnan Sourcing, for example) have been obliged to mispell it in the same way in order to get the web-hits... :)

Guang's typically Taiwanese approach to pinyin has had a significant effect on the world of tea!

Good point. I probably should really reflect this in the body text.

I'm really impressed from the first page load: this looks good. I'll take some time to push the buttons later.

Steve, I have one recommendation. I would create some space between the Header and Best Sellers. In that space, I'd put specials and some of the Tea Education materials that you have in that tab. While the commerce side of the business is nice you probably want to establish a stronger relationship with the buyer than simply a transactional one.

I drink Green and African Reds (I know, technically not teas) and see a lot of things that you sell which I have never come across before. My instinct is to find out more and discover which is right for my taste. Having something attractive and interesting up front would make me want to explore the site. If I found something I liked I'd me more likely to buy.

Hope this helps.

Steve, I have one recommendation. I would create some space between the Header and Best Sellers. In that space, I'd put specials and some of the Tea Education materials that you have in that tab. While the commerce side of the business is nice you probably want to establish a stronger relationship with the buyer than simply a transactional one.

I drink Green and African Reds (I know, technically not teas) and see a lot of things that you sell which I have never come across before. My instinct is to find out more and discover which is right for my taste. Having something attractive and interesting up front would make me want to explore the site. If I found something I liked I'd me more likely to buy.

Hope this helps.

First, welcome to B&B!
Good to have another tea drinker in the crowd. We will work on refining your tastes now that you are here. Pu-erh is the red wine of tea in terms of complexity and aging potential. While greens start to die as they approach the one year mark and oolongs generally have past their prime after the one - two year mark, pu-erh gets better and better given appropriate storage conditions. I had some forty-year old tea the other day that was amazing.

Thanks for the outstanding feedback on the site.
I think you have an excellent point about creating a stronger relationship with the buyer other than the transactional one. I have some of that content on my old site (www.premium-chinese-teas.biz) in the Tea Education area but it is rather weak -- not to mention, it really needs some beefing up.
Based on some other feedback, I am also going to create some starter sample packs for beginning pu-erh drinkers.

Again, thanks very much!

When will we be able to start using the new site?

Working on building as fast as I can. Hope to be operational in three-four weeks but I have this other full time job that keeps getting in the way. So, don't hold me to anything for now.

Thanks for your enthusiastic response.

Update: Check out the "All about tea" area. Still needs some work but getting some initial content in there thanks to Wikipedia.
Suggestions?

Thank you so very much for not having separate sample and beeng listings. :smile: That one change has done more to make your site better than any other, IMHO. Srsly!

As a side note, if you click either of the "All about" menu headers instead of selecting something from the lists they cause to appear, you should be taken to a page with a list of the same links that make up the list entries. Instead, you are taken to an empty page. I realize that you aren't finished so ignore this if it is already on your todo list.

Hope that last bit made sense.

Edit: Just realized that this is the same cart software as leesrazors.com. He doesn't have the lists on the page either. I wonder if it is doable.

Last edited:
Thank you so very much for not having separate sample and beeng listings. :smile: That one change has done more to make your site better than any other, IMHO. Srsly!

As a side note, if you click either of the "All about" menu headers instead of selecting something from the lists they cause to appear, you should be taken to a page with a list of the same links that make up the list entries. Instead, you are taken to an empty page. I realize that you aren't finished so ignore this if it is already on your todo list.

Hope that last bit made sense.

Edit: Just realized that this is the same cart software as leesrazors.com. He doesn't have the lists on the page either. I wonder if it is doable.

Good catch. This is the same cart software as Lee's Razors.
I think it is doable and it is on my list to put the subpages or the "all about" areas as links on the main "all about" page. Just have not tried to do it yet.

As a matter of fact, one of my major selection critieria was the capability to have beengs and samples as selections on the same page. It was getting increasingly painful to do this on Amazon. Essentially, I had to completely duplicate the entry of all data on the sample page including the import of every single image. Real PITA. :mad3:

Thanks for continuing to review and provide feedback. This is going to be the best site out there bar none based on pu-erh and tea lover's contributions.

Oolong Tea shows up as one of the entries under Popular Brands. I find this to be ontologically unpleasant.

Also when I've selected a particular product I'm treated to a list of all categories to which this product belongs, near the top, just beneath the banner links in green. This seems unnecessary. I appreciate a path to the current product, but see, for instance, this Menghai BaDa organic.

3 categories up there!

ok just one more:

First I'll say that your banner is superb: that's really a lovely and crisp photo of a cake edge.

However, your company logo needs some work on the edges/masking, and the Search text is hard to see.

Last edited:
Top Bottom