What's new

Would a SE be the right next razor for me?

Hi all,

I've been DE shaving for 5 years now and have gone through many razors over that time. My perfect combination so far has been a Weber PH for a daily shaver and R41 for the heavy growth days. Pretty much use Feather and Astra SP blades exclusively. A couple of months ago I picked up the ATT set and for some reason just can't obtain the great shaves with it that everyone raves about. As much as I admire the craftsmanship, the shaves are not justifying the price for me.

So I come hear asking for advice on my latest brainstorm of selling the ATT set and picking up the Cobra Classic when they're next in stock. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!

The Cobra Classic is a superb razor, but I don't know how it compares to the ATT razor. I do know that you wouldn't be disappointed if you got the Cobra.

Thanks for the input. I guess it's inevitable I'll end up talking myself into one before long so might as well take the plunge.

You might want to try a less expensive single edge first, such as a Schick injector, just to see how you like it.

On the other hand, if you were to get the Cobra and not like it, I don't think you would have the slightest bit of difficulty selling it on the BST or eBay. :001_smile

--Bob

If you have been using the DE format for five years I feel that you owe it to yourself to give SEs a shot and am glad that you are open to doing so. I wish that I had experience with the Cobra but can offer no comment. Hopefully, you are open to using previously owned products as so many are cheaply available. Good luck and try not to spend too much....to me its not necessary.

Thanks for all of the replies and help. BigM, I hear you on going the used route and saving a few dollars. Unfortunately free time has not been abundant for me these days and I'm not sure I have the patience to clean up an older, used razor. I was leaning toward the Cobra Classic because it seems to be highly regarded and as spidey9 pointed out the resale values hold up should I decide to part with it later.

We'll see when the new cobras are back in stock. I suppose I could always look for someone will to trade some of my ATT set for their cobra classic.

Top Bottom