What's new

Would a Rockwell 6s/6c be right for me?

Yeah, it would be a waste, I feel.
The progress is a superb razor, plus it's adjustable.
For upper end efficiency you have the R41.
6C would be going backwards tbh.

Even for the OP, it won't be the best option given the FOCS is already a more efficient razor than the 6S/C.

Appreciated

Reactions: nav
Morning

Thinking of adding a 6C to my collection. I do however have a Progress and R41. Would this be worthwhile or a waste considering I have the adjustable option already and being less aggressive than the R41?

Another opinion. As always YMMV.

I have the Merkur, the Muhle and the Rockwell 6S in my collection. I love all three, but especially the R41 and the 6S.

The 6S is an outstanding razor. You couldn't pry it from my cold, dead hands. I like it so much that I have three of them for variety: a red one, a black one, and a Rhodium plated one. They deliver remarkably close, efficient shaves. The difference with it is the comfort factor. A lot of my other razors can reliably deliver close shaves, but none of those provide the comfort that the 6S does. It's a joy every time I come back to it in my rotation. Maybe it's my technique, who knows. I use alum after every shave, and there is no efficient razor in my collection that can match the low alum feedback of the Rockwell.

Some people say it's ugly and too big, but that doesn't bother me in the least. I keep a Gillette Fusion with a trim bar handy that I use around the nose no matter which razor I'm using. Regarding looks, don't care. It's results that I'm after. Contrary to some people on the board, I actually like the looks of this razor.

If I'm after an easy, close, comfortable shave, the 6S (R5 or R6) is the first razor that I'll reach for.

Top Bottom