What's new

Wostenholm project

I thought I'd share a pic today.
This is the start of a new set of scales for a Wostenholm that I got here a while back.
Instead of just showing the pattern like I normally do, I thought I'd just show the bits and pieces that I played with from day to day. :w00t:

about the only thing I've got from that is that it's Possibly Brass filgeree, apart from that, i've no idea what it is or where it goes (possiblity of it being an inlay/overlay of some sort?)

I'm hazarding another guess here that the grid you have in the background is metric? certainly looks overly large if it's 5 inches long

Your skills still astonish me, I certainly do not have any ability to stay focussed on a task that fine and delicate.

He's building the tension up again, the next one will have its own full length feature film (at least it deserves to have) :p

Ok, so I don't do the "guess what this thing is" game, really well.
I got to play in the shop a bit today, and this is where I'm at on this project.
The top brass piece got a bit skewed, and will have to be recut, but ya'll get the idea.

enjoy :w00t:

Ok, so I don't do the "guess what this thing is" game, really well.
I got to play in the shop a bit today, and this is where I'm at on this project.
The top brass piece got a bit skewed, and will have to be recut, but ya'll get the idea.

enjoy :w00t:

Well at this point I would rate this as: "Beautiful" Notice the capital "b". I would have added an exclamation point, but I have an idea I'll have to save that for later.

Well, it's been a few days since I had to set the project aside.
However I've had a bit of time the last day or two, and was able to get back to it.
Here is a pic of the scales. I'll get to pinning it up tomorrow.

enjoy,
cheers!

Got this little beauty pinned up today.
I left some of the pitting in order to save the markings, so she's not mirror, but at her age, who cares. :w00t:

enjoy and have a great weekend!
Cheers!

Great design! :thumbup:

Man, that's a lot of work. Have you shown these guys all the steps it takes to do that yet?

Thanks Bill!
It's been a while since I've done a step by step project online.
I may have to do another one soon.

I get asked all the time how long it takes to make a given set of scales.
It usually takes me anywhere from 10 - 30 hrs. depending on the complexity of the project. Adverage is between 12 and 16.

Cheers!

Top Bottom