What's new

Worst You’ve Cut Yourself

I hope today was the worst for me because I took an actual chunk of skin off my cheek bone. It was so bad I was almost late for work because it wouldn’t stop bleeding.

The worst thing is that I wasn’t even cut while I was actually shaving. It was between passes when I was moving the razor into position for my second WTG pass. I feel so dumb.

it has to be because I was getting cocky having gone so many shaves without a nick. So it was a very humbling experience.

High school. Bic single blade disposable. Nice chunk of center top lip shaved off. Stung and bled like crazy.

Slash McCoy

I freehand dog rockets
Worst cut I ever got from a razor was on the back of my calf.

No, I don't shave my legs. This was a honing cut.

No, I don't hone with or on my calf. I dropped a razor while honing in shorts and on the way down, it sliced me neat as can be. I was on the final stage of the balsa and it was more than just shave ready sharp before I even started first stage balsa.

CutA.jpg

CutB.jpg

I pretty much never cut my face shaving. Tight stretch, flat angle, low face pressure, brisk movement of the razor, all contribute to a good shave with no irritation or blood. I do cut my fingers sometimes, usually when honing.

Worst cut I ever got from a razor was on the back of my calf.

No, I don't shave my legs. This was a honing cut.

No, I don't hone with or on my calf. I dropped a razor while honing in shorts and on the way down, it sliced me neat as can be. I was on the final stage of the balsa and it was more than just shave ready sharp before I even started first stage balsa.

View attachment 1254691

View attachment 1254692

I pretty much never cut my face shaving. Tight stretch, flat angle, low face pressure, brisk movement of the razor, all contribute to a good shave with no irritation or blood. I do cut my fingers sometimes, usually when honing.

Note to self: Don’t hone naked. 😳

I have an inch and a half by 5mm scar on the side of my head i did about 2 months ago.it was the 3rd time using feather blades...i got complacent and she bit good!!lol fr blood everywhere it was crazy.i finished the head shave,looked in the mirror and instantly gained respect for my razor lol the hard way 😂🤣😂.on the plus side,the alum didn't sting as much as i thought.cuts will heal,the lesson remains! Haha live and learn man

My worst cut from a straight razor was the first time using a Gold Dollar W59 Spanish Point. The tip of the blade did not follow the same curvature as the rest of the blade. The first time I placed the blade against my cheek, the point dug in causing a rather nasty cut. I have other Spanish point, French point, Irish point, and spike point razor I can use without injury, but I had to mute the point of the W59.

My very worst razor cut, however, was with a DE razor. Surprisingly, it occurred when using a very mild VDH TTO razor equipped with a super-sharp blade. The first version of that razor I owned had a short handle. I have XL sized hands, so I ended up holding the razor near the bottom where the knob for operating the TTO mechanism resides. During my shave, the doors opened enough so that the blade gap increased and the blade was no longer secured properly in the head. I got a very nasty cut that took ; it took quite a while to stem the blood flow using direct pressure on the wound. Fortunately, I did not end up in the emergency room. As might be expected, I no longer use that razor. I did, however, purchase a long-handled version of the same razor. It is my go-to razor for clean-up passes, even if I do the main passes with a straight razor. However, I now check frequently to make sure the doors are tightly shut. Occasionally, I will find them slightly loose and retighten them. One bad experience was sufficient for me to learn my lesson.

I've had a few nasty cuts over the years- one was almost an inch long gash on my cheek when I was sloppy with a square point straight. Scarred, but now long faded. Plenty of handling nicks over the years, some during honing, once I picked up a straight the wrong way and it bit my thumb pretty good. This is an odd hobby for a klutz :001_rolle .

Upper cheek, I was going XTG and my stroke was a little choppy with a bad angle.
No photographic evidence but...you knows it's deep when it doesn't bleed straight off
the bat...then it starts pumping blood. Still, the cut did not open wide like a gash, so no
stitches required. A double shot of humility for the next ten days.

Messygoon

Abandoned By Gypsies.
Worst cut? Chased by my brother into a barbed wire fence while in shorts at age 6. Outside the gentlemen at B&B, all others are told the 9-inch leg scar came from fending off a shark attack. From shaving? Certainly not from a safety razor. The one time that comes to mind was a cartridge slip in the nether regions. I shall say no more.

With a straight just some minor nicks, nothing too crazy. My worst cut was with DE. Derby blade with a late 70s spiral tech. The blade overhang sliced my ear open. I felt it catch and was a bit confused because it didn’t start to bleed for like a solid 5 seconds or so haha. Got a sweet scar.

musicman1951

three-tu-tu, three-tu-tu
Many years ago, on the first day of my Disney vacation with the family I sliced the very tip of my index finger getting the blade out of the wrapper. After you do something this clever you find out how often you use that finger - like buttoning your shirt and putting on your pants. Of course getting a band-aid to stick to the end of your finger is a party.

Just small nicks. The worst, when I was learning, giving a dribble of blood down my face.

From the start I tried to train myself to be very disciplined with a sharp edge in my hand - including when I'm just handling it or honing etc. Can't let your guard down ever.

The worst while shaving was not from shaving. I was using my hated Merkur Futur with it's enormous blade gap. I was bringing the razor around to shave the back of my head and passed too close to my ear lobe. It sliced open and bled worse than the shower scene from Psycho. Took a while and a lot of styptic pencil to get it to stop.

Top Bottom