What's new

Worst Wet Shaving Product You’ve Ever Bought?

Grooming Dept Tacit.
When I opened this unscented soap it reminded me of when I used to haul meat out of Monfort Packing in
Greely Colorado. Worked great but the smell to me was
Too much. Still have a little left.

Sent from my SM-T387V using Tapatalk

For me, the QShave long handle TTO DE razor. Sloppy, ridiculously aggressive and just plain ugly. I keep it to remind myself that “Yes! It really could be that bad!”

When I first started wet shaving back in 2011, I bought a starter DE wet shaving kit on Amazon. It had a horrible no name DE razor that had uneven blade exposure and was ultra aggressive. The kit also included Derby blades. Needless to say but the combination of the worst razor ever and Derby blades gave me such a brutal shave that my face felt and looked like it had half of my skin removed it was so red and irritated. Luckily I was careful and didn't actually cut myself up too bad, probably because the Derby blades were so dull. Thankfully I realized the razor was a piece of junk so I bought a Merkur 34C and a blade sampler pack and started to get some awesome shaves. I have thought about that very rough start in wet shaving several times since and am very glad that I stuck with it despite the terrible start.

Maybe more of a “finisher DE wet shaving kit.”

It was on sale for 59 cents each. I couldn’t resist and I then regretted it after the first shave.
Maybe you could add a few drops of glycerin on your brush when you're lathering so the soap has good glide? I think I would have taken that cheap offer too, lol.

Dear barber shave biscut just rubbish so wet and not nice even when I didn’t use any water I’d load the brush for like 5 minutes didn’t help

Feather AS-D2. Expensive mistake. Beautifully designed and manufactured. Physically incapable of giving me a close, irritation free shave without 947 strokes. And no, I’m not gonna listen to you yayhoos who tell me “any tool is capable with the right operator or technique”. It was just never going to work between us! [emoji12]

I once bought a puck of Geo F Trumper Limes shaving soap. Wow massive load of rubbish I could never get a decent lather just super frothy and thin. I gave up in the end and used it as bath soap. I’d never buy soap off them again though I love their sandalwood cologne.

Feather AS-D2. Expensive mistake. Beautifully designed and manufactured. Physically incapable of giving me a close, irritation free shave without 947 strokes. And no, I’m not gonna listen to you yayhoos who tell me “any tool is capable with the right operator or technique”. It was just never going to work between us! [emoji12]

I bought one - and had a similar experience. One shave, that was it, went to eBay. Sold fast, too.

Olivina cedar and bourbon shave soap puck. $9.99 at meijers grocery store.

in the beginning I thought it was me being new. now that I have some time under my belt I know better. the puck i bought is incapable of making anything closely resembling lather.

I still have it in my drawer. every once in a while I pull it out as a reminder of what a bad soap is.

I dont think I would even torture my 2 beagles at bath time with that one!!!!!

camo

Olivina cedar and bourbon shave soap puck. $9.99 at meijers grocery store.

in the beginning I thought it was me being new. now that I have some time under my belt I know better. the puck i bought is incapable of making anything closely resembling lather.

I still have it in my drawer. every once in a while I pull it out as a reminder of what a bad soap is.

I dont think I would even torture my 2 beagles at bath time with that one!!!!!

camo
I would use it to clean my new boar brushes! I wish I kept my VDH shave soap for that purpose. Just “lather” the ish out of it. Get rid of any pig funk.

I’m actually glad you guys posted this. As that is a pretty razor with some rave reviews
The AS-D2 works well for some people. It's very well-made. It's also very expensive considering you can achieve about the same or better shaving performance by mounting a vintage Gillette Tech pre-war head on a stainless or brass handle.

Here's my $16 AS-D2 equivalent -- a savings of $150 or so.

WIN_20191227_14_09_04_Pro (2).jpg

HJM boar brush. Still scratchy and still smelling like wet animal after dozens of shaves, still shedding hairs.
The HJM badger brush at least can be used better, even though it is a bit scratchy as well and the shedding all but stopped.
Denman shaving soap. Still use it sometimes but hate the smell. Smells like the cheapest window cleaner you could find. I hate eucalyptus based scents, and especially bad ones.

Top Bottom