What's new

Worst Wet Shaving Product You’ve Ever Bought?

So you've used Derby blades too [emoji6]
Lol some people swear by those damn derby blades. I’m the type of guy that finds one blade and sticks with it. I used astra for the first few years DE shaving. Than Switched to Gillette 7 o’clock greens for about 2 years, now I’m jumping to Gillette silver blues to give them a try. The greens work good except about 2 weeks ago I used the same Gillette O’clock green blade for either 2 or 3 shaves in a row (can’t remember) and got razor burn galore on my mustache. Hurt like hell. So I decided it was time for a change.

Lightfoot's Pine shaving soap, it is not a shaving soap nor did it lather well as a shower soap. It is a true abomination!
1580421750939.png

Lol some people swear by those damn derby blades. I’m the type of guy that finds one blade and sticks with it. I used astra for the first few years DE shaving. Than Switched to Gillette 7 o’clock greens for about 2 years, now I’m jumping to Gillette silver blues to give them a try. The greens work good except about 2 weeks ago I used the same Gillette O’clock green blade for either 2 or 3 shaves in a row (can’t remember) and got razor burn galore on my mustache. Hurt like hell. So I decided it was time for a change.

When I used a DE my go to blade were the GSB. I've only used a SE razor for the past couple years and my go to are the Feather Pros. Blades are so YMMV however the Derby were the worst I ever used.

I was a young and inexperienced newbie. Void of any knowledgable or useful experience, a true novice, a sucker, a mark, a chump, a patsy, a stooge...Bulldog Shaving Gel!

$1 TTO razor from the dollar store. I was not expecting much and it delivered.

Every other product has been okay. Even something like Cremo Cream which I did not enjoy using, was a capable shave cream.

Floid Amber 400ml. The smell lingered for 24 hours - it was overpowering. Put the bottle on a shelf for about 5 years. Then I diluted some of it with witch-hazel in a small bottle. It was bearable. Now I notice that the Floid must have gone bad since it mostly smells like alcohol.

So you've used Derby blades too [emoji6]
I was going to say Derby and Dr Bonner (although I do like their regular soap). I think the only way Derby stays in business is that they're one of the few that sells half blades for barbers' straights.

Floid Amber 400ml. The smell lingered for 24 hours - it was overpowering. Put the bottle on a shelf for about 5 years. Then I diluted some of it with witch-hazel in a small bottle. It was bearable. Now I notice that the Floid must have gone bad since it mostly smells like alcohol.
I do know what you mean even though I like Floid. Pretty much all the Pinaud products do that to me. I like them for the first few hours and then I can't wait to wash them off.

Top Bottom