What's new

Worst Wet Shaving Product You’ve Ever Bought?

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
Good hunting! I think they’re in Jacksonville FL, so hope you get fixed up so you can try it out! 😁

Thanks to all of you who recommended the green insert for my Dovo shavette. It came today. In a word...brilliant! The Personna hair shaper blade fit in it like a dream and it slid into the shavette nice and tight. Perfect! I really like the length of those blades. Long! Wonderful! Thanks again.

@lancre also...thanks.

Thanks to all of you who recommended the green insert for my Dovo shavette. It came today. In a word...brilliant! The Personna hair shaper blade fit in it like a dream and it slid into the shavette nice and tight. Perfect! I really like the length of those blades. Long! Wonderful! Thanks again.

@lancre also...thanks.
Good that you’ve been able to use it! Happy shaving!

Al.

2 items come to mind for me in “what was I thinking “. First a modern puck of Williams Mug: the lather, when I COULD GET A LATHER was super thin and sparse. Halfway through pass 1 I had to relather the unshaven side because the lather dissipated so quickly. Second: T&H Luxury shave soap. I bought the T&H soap on a clearance sale from WCS almost 2 years ago; it had the same problem as the Williams. Thin, sparse, dissipating lather. I tried using a drier brush, I tried “load it like you hate it”, I even tried using liquid glycerin on the puck to no avail.

Angelo - i had a puck of tfh-luxury...this is what i did with it and it produced really nice lather...i just wasnt keen on the scent... i disnt bloom it because i used it daily so it was always wet...i swirled with a boar or badger for 1minute straight swirl swirl left right scrubbing the puck and swirl etc then took to my face and swirled....added a couple drops to the brush...went back to the face swirl swirl ...did that a couple of times then it was good to go...you probably already did that but just wanted to post this incase ot wasnt how you did it...i find its easier to face lather and find the right thickness then to bowl lather that soap :) hope it helped try a couple test lathers see what you turn up with
2 items come to mind for me in “what was I thinking “. First a modern puck of Williams Mug: the lather, when I COULD GET A LATHER was super thin and sparse. Halfway through pass 1 I had to relather the unshaven side because the lather dissipated so quickly. Second: T&H Luxury shave soap. I bought the T&H soap on a clearance sale from WCS almost 2 years ago; it had the same problem as the Williams. Thin, sparse, dissipating lather. I tried using a drier brush, I tried “load it like you hate it”, I even tried using liquid glycerin on the puck to no avail.

Angelo - i had a puck of tfh-luxury...this is what i did with it and it produced really nice lather...i just wasnt keen on the scent... i disnt bloom it because i used it daily so it was always wet...i swirled with a boar or badger for 1minute straight swirl swirl left right scrubbing the puck and swirl etc then took to my face and swirled....added a couple drops to the brush...went back to the face swirl swirl ...did that a couple of times then it was good to go...you probably already did that but just wanted to post this incase ot wasnt how you did it...i find its easier to face lather and find the right thickness then to bowl lather that soap :) hope it helped try a couple test lathers see what you turn up with
I did just as you did; I too am a face latherer. Thanks for the advice anyhow.

Top Bottom