What's new

Worst Smelling Lather/Aftershave Combination?

I started thinking about this and believe the worst smelling lather/aftershave combination for me would be, "Arko Soap Stick followed by Pinaud Lilac Vegetal." What is your idea of the worst smelling lather/aftershave combination?

Any soaps, creams, or aftershaves that just smell putrid to you?

I'm not a huge fan of the TOBS rose cream, which I find much too sweet smelling. However, I still use the jar I have, because it performs well and the scent fades very quickly. Whatever AS I apply kills off any remaining hints. That's about as strong as my feelings get against any soap or cream I've used.
I'm not keen on the much lauded Brut AS, but I wouldn't call it putrid by any means. I also have reservations about another "classic", Pashana, because it's so strong and lingering.
I've not tried the Veg, which I believe polarizes opinions, because it's hard to get hold of over here, and I prefer to explore the easily available UK and European products.

Last edited:
I started thinking about this and believe the worst smelling lather/aftershave combination for me would be, "Arko Soap Stick followed by Pinaud Lilac Vegetal." What is your idea of the worst smelling lather/aftershave combination?

I am not one of the chosen few of the Veg...

I use an Arko stick about once a month, and while I don't care for the smell at all, it just works so well....

I couldn't stand the smell of Pinaud Special Reserve, I used this AS twice and I decided to give it away. Whenever I used it I couldn't get rid of the smell, it was so strong. Even the next day I still could smell it.

For me, there is one lather and one aftershave that I really hate the smell of. The thought of combing them is giving me a headache! They are: Tabac (soap) and Pinaud Special Reserve. Both of them have many fans, but they both can be polarizing.

I'll still use Tabac because it performs so well and I'm hoping to grow more tolerant of the scent.

Pinaud Special Reserve will never see my skin again. It smelled like a burning tire to me. It's the only aftershave that gave me a headache. I love other Pinaud products, just not this one.

Top Bottom