What's new

Worst scent in shaving soap?

I was wondering what shaving soap, in your opinion, has the worse scent?Note: the soap may still be a solid performer, it simply smells bad.

Shave library Hemingway. It smells like an over flowing ashtray in a bus station.

The soap is a killer. It has great lather and is smooth as silk, it just smells like old cigarette and cigar butts.

I have no idea what they used to get that smell (not sure I want to know either).

I will use all of it, but I'm not sure that I would buy it again because of the "aroma" although it is starting to win me over after using it for a few months. Maybe I should try it with a couple of drinks :lol:

proxy.php

Last edited:

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
Tabac for me. This soap is a truly wonderful performer, but has an awful scent that I simply cannot stand. Obviously, IMHO.

Arko & MWF. But of those 2, if forced to choose I could deal w/MWF. But Arko??

...no. That stuff makes me nauseous. It's like rubbing a urinal puck on your face. :prrr:

Arko & MWF. But of those 2, if forced to choose I could deal w/MWF. But Arko??

...no. That stuff makes me nauseous. It's like rubbing a urinal puck on your face. :prrr:

I love these YMMV threads. I love the smell of both. I don't get the urinal cake comparison. My vote is Mama Bear's Aged Spice.

I can only assume that urinal pucks/cakes smell differently in the US, because here in Japan and in the UK, they smell nothing like Arko to my big conk!

Boots (UK, drugstore brand). Smells like, ahem, well-used sweat socks left in a dirty locker room for a month.
Even Arko (which is no winner in the scent dept.) smells better.

I bought some Mama Bear's here on B/S/T a while back. It was listed as Lime Ice. Turned out to be Lime Cilantro. I hate cilantro.

Nobody's Fault But Mine

TABAC-----Now, am I correct that this is a shaving soap that is actually piggybacking as part of an even larger fragrance line? Are you kidding me?

It did lather real well, though, in the two times I managed to use it. I had to give it up because it was too hard shaving one-handed while I held a gun to my head.

TOBS barber shop. It smelled like stale soap and baby powder. I would have preferred unscented over that stifling gag-inducing odor. I prefer MB unscented over this rot.

And MB Aged Spice?! CHARLATAN! That is one of my favorites! I have to physically put that and MB Bay Rum down every morning and use something else! However, I will respect your opinion even if it's wrong.

Top Bottom