What's new

Worst scent in shaving soap?

I would have to say MB Basil Lime I have quite a few soaps and creams and this is one I just can not deal with. Way to heavy on the basil and not enough lime, IMHO its just bad.

Rudy Vey

Shaving baby skin and turkey necks
The Italian soft soaps with the artificial bitter almond smell, they perform quite nicely, but the stench makes me nauseous.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
Really more of a cream than a soap, but...

$SM%20Shave%20Butter.jpg
Rancid peanut butter with eau de anchovy top notes.
And it's a supremely crappy shaving product to boot.

The Italian soft soaps with the artificial bitter almond smell, they perform quite nicely, but the stench makes me nauseous.
My dad was a baker, so I'm too familliar with the scent of marzipan. So everytime I smell an Italian almond soap I want to vomit.

I can handle the scent of Tabac--reminds me of my grandma after one of her bingo benders in Reno. Heck, that stuff practically screams Reno tour bus. The soap that really bugs me is MdC--it smells like Noxema. Noxema was grandma's cure for EVERYTHING.

Cella and Salter Vetyver. The Salter smells like someone snuffed out a Pall Mall on a scorched piece of bacon-wraped celery.

I know they are creams, but for me....Cella and Cyril Salter French Vetiver. I thought about trying to shave with them, but I just couldn't. I couldn't get close enough to fill my brush.

LOL...just saw your post after I posted mine...btw...what's your favorite? Maybe we have similar noses. So far mine is Speick followed closely by AoS Sandalwood.

LOL...just saw your post after I posted mine...btw...what's your favorite? Maybe we have similar noses. So far mine is Speick followed closely by AoS Sandalwood.

Nope. :lol:

I was gifted some of the Speick balm and it was a no go. I've never liked any form of sandalwood. Some of my favorites are Trumper's GFT, CF Lavender, Mama Bear's Ylang Ylang, and Mama Bear's Hydrogen. There are many others, but those are probably my all time favorites.

I'm not that sensitive to soap fragrances, but Tabac is a bit much. I use it anyway, as it's a superb product. <shrug>.

BTW, I like the Arko fragrance (though it's a bit much, too).

-- John Gehman

For me it was Williams. Believe it or not, I can get it to lather decently and i've never had a bad shave from it. But each time i've brought it to my face, i've had a moment of "what have I just done?" Arko just smells nice and soapy to me, just not very high end

Top Bottom