What's new

Worst razor you've had and glad to get rid of.

The razor that came with my Burma Shave Starter Kit. Other than that, I've followed B&B member advice and have always had good luck since. I can't say I've loved every razor, but I've done much better.

Gillette Slim TTO. Sorry Guys, but this razor is far too mild even on the highest setting and did not perform well no matter what I tried. I was used to DE shaving so I would say my technique was not too bad.

Sadly, I had to sell it and the little sister of the FatBoy got a new home:))

Chris

Gillette Slim TTO. Sorry Guys, but this razor is far too mild even on the highest setting and did not perform well no matter what I tried. I was used to DE shaving so I would say my technique was not too bad.

Sadly, I had to sell it and the little sister of the FatBoy got a new home:))

Chris

I'm gonna have to say its probably due to the blade guards being tweaked. A properly adjusted blade guard should make the slim at least as aggressive as half the razors out there

Yeah, the Slim and the Fatboy are on my list too. In fact, I find most if not all guard bar razors too mild.

why the fusion of course!!!

after that the merkur futur. shoddy workmanship (looks damn cool though).

in terms of quality of shave I probably should be glad to have ridded myself of the feather stainless, but I really regretted it given its fine construction and that amazingly grippy handle (not to mention the loss I made). It's strange that it was so tame, yet it was also the razor that cut me the most. I hope it suits the buyer's face more than mine.

tried a valet autostrop today with a feather blade. I went fast and pushed too much with a lousy lather, but didn't do any damage and got a reasonable shave in 2 passes. with a decent soap it might make me regret all my de purchases (well we'll see when my r41 arrives).

Top Bottom