What's new

Worst razor you've had and glad to get rid of.

For me the Parker 60R. It just ripped up my face no matter what prep I tried :w00t:. The fit 'n' finish even at this price was just crapola. I tried so hard to make it work but after four weks I went and bayed it off. Got my self a Merkur 500 adjustable with case. Nice.

Any other razors you were glad to get rid of?

Parker 91R...my first purchase after returning to DE shaving after 30 years. Almost drove me back to carts until I found this place and eventually replaced it with a EJ DE89L!

A 60"s superspeed that was either mis-aligned or that I hadn't tightened all the way. It took a good hunk out of my cheek - scarred to this day. It quickly went in the trash, then I applied all kinds
of salve and bandages to stop the bleeding. Ouch!

Not that it was a bad razor, but I purchased an HD barber pole long handle DE when I first started DE shaving. I didn't care for it at all. I found it too heavy, and the long handle just seemed to get in the way. :thumbdown Sold it on B/S/T. :thumbup1:

Stahly Live Blade--weighed a ton and almost impossible to rewind with wet hands. Very easy to cut yourself too if you weren't careful. The shave was below par, I thought.

Stahly Live Blade--weighed a ton and almost impossible to rewind with wet hands. Very easy to cut yourself too if you weren't careful. The shave was below par, I thought.

I can't say I made it through a single shave with my Stahley.

It is a marvel of engineering, but its like shaving with a vibrating brick.

For me the Parker 60R. It just ripped up my face no matter what prep I tried :w00t:. The fit 'n' finish even at this price was just crapola. I tried so hard to make it work but after four weks I went and bayed it off. Got my self a Merkur 500 adjustable with case. Nice.

Any other razors you were glad to get rid of?

Parker 91R...my first purchase after returning to DE shaving after 30 years. Almost drove me back to carts until I found this place and eventually replaced it with a EJ DE89L!

+1, except I still have my Frakenrazor with a Parker head.

The Wilkinson Classic; simply too mild to get a decent shave out of them and impossible to get my cutting angles right with that one.

It was in use as a 'play' razor for my kids on saturdaymorning and my eldest overtightened the plastic thread once so it snapped.....They are using a plastic Dorco right now.

Not counting some that were actually broken when I got them, Schick H1 injector. The only injector that I've been absolutely unable to get a good shave with. I was not glad to get rid of it, though, and in fact, don't plan to get rid of it at all. It's part of my injector collection.

It's all YMMV on these, however, as I see some listed as unusable that other people like. The Weishi was way too mild for me, but some like it. That was one I did give away. The Stahly Live Blade works very well for me, with or without the vibrations going. I was surprised, as I really hadn't hoped for much, and just bought it as a curiosity.

vincent chinese razor , terrible razor paid $12 for it shave onces and twist thing got stuck on me and I just trashed it. got two merkurs and am glad I bought merkur.

One of those aluminum and/or steel open-comb razors with the six-sided handle that comes in a box that just says "Safety Razor" on it. Completely useless.

Top Bottom