What's new

Worst. Ice Cream. Ever.

I'm a man who never met a scoop of ice cream he didn't like. Until now, that is.
$2123.jpg

Skim milk + artificial sweetener = truly horrible ice cream.

It's cloyingly sweet with a thin, airy texture that is completely unsatisfying.

Lesson learned. If I'm trying to reduce the sugar and fat in my diet, I'll eat a little less real ice cream rather than compromise.

Nick

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
People who produce bad ice cream should be tied up with piano wire and shot.

I'm a man who never met a scoop of ice cream he didn't like. Until now, that is.

Skim milk + artificial sweetener = truly horrible ice cream.

It's cloyingly sweet with a thin, airy texture that is completely unsatisfying.

Lesson learned. If I'm trying to reduce the sugar and fat in my diet, I'll eat a little less real ice cream rather than compromise.

Nick

Being able to eat a lot of inedible food is worse than being limited to small amounts of edible food. Life is too short for bad ice cream.

I accidentally learned a way to test the worthiness of ice cream. If you put a scoop in the sink and it's still there in morning without changing shape, (didn't melt away) then throw away the rest of it. It's not real ice cream!

Ugh... Can't stand any artificial sweeteners. But I find that stuff can work if trying not to overeat - one bite and my appetite is gone.

So true on the Edy's. I tried their Girl Scout Cookie flavors (Thin Mint) when those came out and was left with the feeling of eating a cold brick whose flavor was out shown by freeze-dried astronaut ice cream.

It has all 3 signs of being horrible. Fat Free, Sugar Free, Splenda logo.
Ice cream is good because it's full of fat and sugar. There is no reason to eat it unless it is full of copious amounts of both.

It has all 3 signs of being horrible. Fat Free, Sugar Free, Splenda logo.
Ice cream is good because it's full of fat and sugar. There is no reason to eat it unless it is full of copious amounts of both.

Because no one needs a Tallow-Free Ice cream?

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
I accidentally learned a way to test the worthiness of ice cream. If you put a scoop in the sink and it's still there in morning without changing shape, (didn't melt away) then throw away the rest of it. It's not real ice cream!

Better test ... put a tub of the ice cream in my freezer. If there's any left after a fortnight, either it's bad ice cream, or I'm on vacation.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Ben & Jerry's- at least it comes in small containers.

on edit: to clarify, I mean luckily it is in small containers or I would weigh more.

Last edited:
Better test ... put a tub of the ice cream in my freezer. If there's any left after a fortnight, either it's bad ice cream, or I'm on vacation.

Amen! Sadly, I'll even eat bad ice cream if it's in my freezer. I just don't enjoy it as much. :)

Ben & Jerry's- at least it comes in small containers.

on edit: to clarify, I mean luckily it is in small containers or I would weigh more.

I resemble that remark!

Try Dryer's.
Their slow-churned, no sugar added, reduced fat, is decent.
It's not Moose Tracks, but it's edible.

Top Bottom