What's new

Worst Blade

Voskhods don't seem to work well for me. I'm not sure what the qualities are that others like about them, but they just aren't sharp enough for my beard (which is somewhat coarse but I don't think that coarse). It just skips a lot and isn't smooth. I also tried some blade from a sample pack once, I think it was either a Lord or maybe a Crown, but it was in a green wrapper and MAN did it suck.

What’s the worst blade anybody here has ever used and will probably never use again? I’m just curious!
BTW: Mine was Derby. Too dull for my beard.

Never say never in blades. Like u i hates derby extras but after 8months of practise, its not that bad of a blade. Still doesnt come in top 10 list for me but its not bad.
Worst i used was i thk a ripeoff wilkinson blade.
It said wilkinson sword, pack was like wilkinson china, but it was made in indonesia. It was black colour blade. I can not tell you how bad a blade it was.

I think I got some counterfeit Astra blades from Amazon that were very dull. I’m pretty sure there are some fakes going around, but it is hit or miss. Definitely sticking with a reputable seller from now on.

I do pretty well with most razor blades as long as they are sharp enough to slice through my coarse beard. The ones I have tried that won't do that are:
Merkur, VDH, Shark Super Chrome, and Derby Extra. I think Merkur and VDH may be the same "ice tempered" blade iion different packaging as they perform similarly. The runner up for me is Astra Superior Platinum. I can shave with it, but I have yet to have a comfortable shave with an SP; I need a sharper blade..

On the other hand, I like the new Shark Platinum blades. I also like Astra Superior Stainless blades. Both of these are much sharper than their cousins that do not work for me. I have not tried Derby Premium, but although it might be slightly sharper than the Extras, I do not think the difference is enough to make it worth trying them.
To me, the Derby Premium is a million miles away from an Extra. I threw away the Extra blades I had free when purchasing some other items as they were so bad, but I bought 200 Premiums a few months ago.

Worst blade so far has been Shark Super Chrome. I don't know if it was just a dud blade though. I may try it again at some point.

The blades which came with my fake merkur futur where horrible.
voshkod I did not like either
Wilkinson no deal
Polsilver naaaaahhh

in the end I did find the right blade for that razor and and In some cases i never did and ended with selling the razor

Worst was Derby Extra - no sharpness after half a shave. Second worst were Merkur blades - I used three of them before giving up - mediocre sharpness and extremely rough edges.

About 30-35 years ago my sister got me a bunch of BIC disposables for Xmas (among other things of course).

proxy.php

After I finished stemming the blood flow from all the cuts, I told her not to get me any more disposable shavers of any kind ever again. I still won't buy disposable razors regardless of how fancy/gimmicky.

:cursing:

I must have gotten some from the same batch. About the same time frame(30 some years ago) I decided to go the economy route since my twin cartridges were getting a little expensive so I bought a pack of these. Man talk about pulling and yanking. needless to say I was back to cartridges right away. I could not imagine what they are like now since I think my whiskers are twice as tough.

I forgot to mention another one and that is the Wilkinson Sword sealed in the blue blister pack. I think they are made in Mexico. It was a mistake at the time of purchase thinking these were the classics and really disappointed when they showed up.

1397DCD4-CB23-4302-B76C-600885A32CE1.jpeg

The absolute worst blade I have ever used. They simply tug. Next up? Rockwell Blades, great razors, horrible blades.

Mine would have to be Gillette 7 O clock. Although I was a newbie with a mild razor at the time, nothing cut me up more than that razor. I had a better time with Astra and Feather Oddly enough.

Mine would have to be Gillette 7 O clock. Although I was a newbie with a mild razor at the time, nothing cut me up more than that razor. I had a better time with Astra and Feather Oddly enough.

You cannot just say Gillette 7 O'Clock as there are four different blades in the 7 O'Clock lineup. There are the Sharpedge Yellows from Russia, the Super Stainless Russian Greens, the Permasharp Indian Greens and the Super Platinum Blacks from India. Although the two greens are somewhat similar, there is a huge difference between the Yellows and Blacks.

Top Bottom