What's new

Wormy Maple and Acrylic Brush

I finally got around to making handles again and finished off this handle of wormy maple with pearl white and black resin. The knot is a 26 mm silver tipped badger hair. Thanks for looking.
wormy01.jpg

Great work! I’m not into the hybrid blanks that use bright blues, yellows, etc because it just doesn’t match with the wood well and overpowers it IMO, it’s too unnatural. Again, this my opinion only. The pearl white is perfect since that beautiful wood is what you pay attention to and the resin is more of a background to show it off. I’d put that up there with the best of the hybrids I’ve seen.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Great work! I’m not into the hybrid blanks that use bright blues, yellows, etc because it just doesn’t match with the wood well and overpowers it IMO, it’s too unnatural. Again, this my opinion only. The pearl white is perfect since that beautiful wood is what you pay attention to and the resin is more of a background to show it off. I’d put that up there with the best of the hybrids I’ve seen.
You took the words right out of my mouth! That brush is so tastefully done. Beautiful work my friend.

Top Bottom