What's new

World's ugliest razor is now the world's prettiest

captp

Pretty Pink Fairy Princess.
Hello captp, your wish is my command. I see the case in question needs New felt, isthe other inthe same state? And how is the liner in the lid? I can replace the liners in the lower tray, and clean the liners on the inner lid, and clean up the outside of those cases, but I won't be able to restore the logo on the liner in the lid, nor would I be able to restore the spring that makes the case snap shut. If you would like I would do the best I can to refurbish those two Red and Black cases for you though. Free of any charge of course. Just let me know. It would be my pleasure.
You may want to rethink that offer, Alan. The one on the left isn't too terribly bad. The spring works. The one on the right barely has the right to call itself a case; spring is broken.
1029170019a~2.jpg

I think the razor is in better shape.

You may want to rethink that offer, Alan. The one on the left isn't too terribly bad. The spring works. The one on the right barely has the right to call itself a case; spring is broken.
View attachment 833153
I think the razor is in better shape.

Hi Cap, it looks like the tray on the one on the right is rusted through, and the black liner for the lid is missing. I won't be able to repair the spring on it, but I do have another tray for it, and another black insert for the lid. Unfortunately the logo on the black insert is no longer there, but it isn't too bad off. Are you opposed to me painting the exterior of the cases too? It looks like the covering on the metal cases need attention too. I have used vinyl spakling in the past for small areas of damage. Then paint. It won't be perfect, but they will be better than they were. I'll give it a go if you wish.

captp

Pretty Pink Fairy Princess.
Alan @Morman Bridge sorry, I've been preoccupied with a few things lately. I would love to take you up on your offer; of course that means that I will have to offer both razors as a set (the nickel plate posted and the one I'm going to have gold plated) in Auction 2018
PM me your name and shipping address and I'll get the cases off to you.
Thank you very much

Every time I see these threads I get thinking I need to replate a couple. But I find the plate loss and patina equally appealing most of the time, too.
First world problems, I suppose.

Top Bottom