What's new

Worlds oldest (still in production) aftershave?

Not sure if it qualifies as the "world's oldest" original formula, but Ralon is the only “Pitralon” product offered today based on the original Pitralon German recipe of 1927 and therefore contains boric acid and camphor. Ralon does not appear to be marketed and sold outside of Croatia. As you would expect, it's healing properties are second to none.The original Pitralon formula which Ralon uses, was developed in Dresden in 1927, containing isopropanol , menthol , boric acid and camphor. The Swiss Pitralon deviates from the original recipe and the other versions of Pitralon are also significantly different from the original 1927 Pitralon formula.

For legal reasons, Ralon avoids references to the original "Lingner and Fischer" "Pitralon" recipe from 1927. They are therefore not described as "medicinal" or "austere" as the original Pitralon was, but rather as a "scent of smoky leather supplemented by lilac - rosewood , rose and thymefragrance and a cinnamon note ". I would say it is more medicinal smelling than Swiss Pitralon but still drys down to that Peary sweet note of Swiss Pitralon. It sells for a few euros in Croatia.

53359967-D5B9-4B5B-8E43-69438FC99A5B.jpeg

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Not sure if it qualifies as the "world's oldest" original formula, but Ralon is the only “Pitralon” product offered today based on the original Pitralon German recipe of 1927 and therefore contains boric acid and camphor. Ralon does not appear to be marketed and sold outside of Croatia. As you would expect, it's healing properties are second to none.The original Pitralon formula which Ralon uses, was developed in Dresden in 1927, containing isopropanol , menthol , boric acid and camphor. The Swiss Pitralon deviates from the original recipe and the other versions of Pitralon are also significantly different from the original 1927 Pitralon formula.

For legal reasons, Ralon avoids references to the original "Lingner and Fischer" "Pitralon" recipe from 1927. They are therefore not described as "medicinal" or "austere" as the original Pitralon was, but rather as a "scent of smoky leather supplemented by lilac - rosewood , rose and thymefragrance and a cinnamon note ". I would say it is more medicinal smelling than Swiss Pitralon but still drys down to that Peary sweet note of Swiss Pitralon. It sells for a few euros in Croatia.

View attachment 1031849
Excellent info. Thanks!

The problem is just because it is the "oldest" does not mean it is the same original formula. Proctor & Gamble bought "Old Spice" from the Shulton Company in 1990 and changed the orignal scent/formula in 2016.
the recipe was changed with the buyout. They cheapened the recipe that was sold in the USA.

ill still say Listerine is the olderst product marketed as an aftershave. the oldest ads ive seen start with the mention of sanitizing the skin after a shave. THen mention the clean smelling mouth it can provide.

First off, the veg has no start date. The veg is, always has been, and always will be.
It has existed since existence, coming out of the primordial ooze along with the first
single cell life forms. It has evolved with us, mirroring our own evolution. Maybe even
accelerating it. When the veg was first ‘invented’ people rode horses, drew their own water
and the world was powered by muscle, wind, or water. Around a hundred years later
and we’re landing men on the moon. Coincidence ? I think not. Why do you think we
went to the moon in the first place? The moon is green, the veg is green, you see
where I’m going with this? Some ‘moon conspiracy theorists’ say there are pictures of
the moon that show mining equipment. What do you think they were mining?
Some people don’t believe that Neil Armstrong ever stepped foot on the moon.
But he did step foot on the moon, and when he did, he was wearing the veg.
The perfect a/s for the situation.

First off, the veg has no start date. The veg is, always has been, and always will be.
It has existed since existence, coming out of the primordial ooze along with the first
single cell life forms. It has evolved with us, mirroring our own evolution. Maybe even
accelerating it. When the veg was first ‘invented’ people rode horses, drew their own water
and the world was powered by muscle, wind, or water. Around a hundred years later
and we’re landing men on the moon. Coincidence ? I think not. Why do you think we
went to the moon in the first place? The moon is green, the veg is green, you see
where I’m going with this? Some ‘moon conspiracy theorists’ say there are pictures of
What we always wanted to know about the Veg, but were afraid to ask. Thanks for this well documented history of this well beloved after shave.

Without a doubt the most philosophical post ever entered on any Badgerandblade forum!

View attachment 1031849

Great post!!

Looks like I ‘need’ some Ralon! I have the German (my favorite) and Swiss which is also a great Pitralon! :a29::a29:

Top Bottom