What's new

World’s Mildest (New) Razor?

This is a long thread and so many razors have been discussed. Is there an updated summary of all the razors similar to what was posted here?

Has the Wolfmann been discussed? They seem to offer a mild option as well.
The Wolfman hasn't been discussed much. I'm guessing it's because it's not as mild as most of the razors talked about here.

@Kennyg2019
I see AS-D2 changed from an initial assessment for comfort/efficiency of 3/6 to 7/8. What changed? And is it possible it will change again.

Here I've been thinking I have been using the best mild razor. But given your reviews, I think I may need to try a Henson. Even though the Timeless is #1, I don't care for its looks.
I tried the Feather with two different blades and got two different results. However, the Henson is much milder than the Feather no matter what blade is used!
The "ugly" Timeless is the mildest of them all! ;)

Apologies to @Kennyg2019 for answering questions for him. The short answer is several members helped him improve his technique for using it. The AS-D2 has a very narrow sweet spot and requires riding the cap. I believe he sent his first back and re-purchased a second after that. It should be in the page 20-30 region :wacko:
Yes...and thanks for the tips. I also used a Feather blade...and that helped. :thumbsup:

OK, so sometimes (maybe once a year or less frequently), I cut myself with the razor, usually because I "tried too hard" to do something with it, like trying to shave (or shall I say using the razor to wipe) cream off the cheekbone area even though there is no hair that grows there. The other place tends to be the sides of the nose at the base of the nostril.

Would going with a razor milder than an AS-D2 prevent that from happening?

OK, so sometimes (maybe once a year or less frequently), I cut myself with the razor, usually because I "tried too hard" to do something with it, like trying to shave (or shall I say using the razor to wipe) cream off the cheekbone area even though there is no hair that grows there. The other place tends to be the sides of the nose at the base of the nostril.

There is an ongoing discussion about getting nicked with mild razors. What I understand is even if you don't think you are, you are probably applying too much pressure normally. When you get to a trouble spot, you eventually get nicked and don't know how because it seems like you are just shaving normal.

You might benefit from getting a Henson medium, it might improve your technique with the tiniest blade feel it has. You will know right away if you are applying pressure, but it won't bite. Start with a medium sharp blade. I just used the medium tonight with a vintage Gillette Platinum after having a raw shave yesterday. It just works.

This is the preshave I use:
View attachment 1280892
It's for senstive skin...very mild with gentle cooling!
yeah I found the pre shave for me does not make much dif ? I have been trying using a bit of cremo as a pre shave and that does help a touch on some soaps that might go anyway

but on the soaps saw your huge sale :) but reckon that means ya must have narrowed down your soaps already ? curious what you picked or ?

I tried the Feather with two different blades and got two different results. However, the Henson is much milder than the Feather no matter what blade is used!
The "ugly" Timeless is the mildest of them all! ;)
Haha. The Timeless razor head looks bulky. Otherwise looks well built.

Never nicked myself with my Henson Ti22. I'm sure it's possible but you'd have to be doing something crazy.

The timeless razors look stunning to me. The scalloped open comb being a master piece of shaving art!

The Henson however.... Is hideously ugly to me and I find more offense then a cartridge razor in apperance... It is why no matter the rave reviews that I will stay clear of it

Lol....you're missing out.

yeah I found the pre shave for me does not make much dif ? I have been trying using a bit of cremo as a pre shave and that does help a touch on some soaps that might go anyway

but on the soaps saw your huge sale :) but reckon that means ya must have narrowed down your soaps already ? curious what you picked or ?
My Top Soaps as of today. I won’t be selling any of these 😉

Shannon’s NIL
01B510DF-978B-47AA-ADCB-F46A52FC5A32.jpeg
Declaration Grooming Unscented
35C66E42-8786-4281-922F-3C269B3476B6.jpeg
Stirling Sheep
FED50B13-0C63-46D7-A92E-30B914968D78.jpeg
Stirling Naked and Smooth
F3B0D060-491A-4B44-B181-9FA014316A9E.jpeg

Last edited:
Henson is a fantastic razor. It's one of those that you can shave on cruise control without too much worry. Not much of a learning curve.
The Ti22 medium a top performer for me.
Since I like heavy I still hope Henson comes with a brass or stainless version

Try paa pre shave soap makes your normal soap even better

thats the cube one ?
I have seen lots like that :)
Jup the cubes soften your beard lube it up a bit if needed you can shave with just cube. But they have great seasonal scents too and if you like ice strong menthol
Want lower menthol get one from stirling

Attachments

• FCDBD111-704F-4E8A-9F95-2C45F1E50576.jpeg
    FCDBD111-704F-4E8A-9F95-2C45F1E50576.jpeg
    178.2 KB · Views: 13
  • 0C787D46-E6BE-43A4-A05A-D4A48D778A51.jpeg
    0C787D46-E6BE-43A4-A05A-D4A48D778A51.jpeg
    146.8 KB · Views: 15
  • 345DA72B-8F90-40D5-BDAD-BFA60E84E35B.jpeg
    345DA72B-8F90-40D5-BDAD-BFA60E84E35B.jpeg
    147.6 KB · Views: 15
  • D55085D4-C437-41D0-BC09-7F008974D6E2.jpeg
    D55085D4-C437-41D0-BC09-7F008974D6E2.jpeg
    48.4 KB · Views: 16
I tend to prefer modern looking razors on the heavy side though for me the part lacking in the Henson is some adjustability between mild and medium. And currently happy with my snmirn
That’s great! That’s all that matters. I never heard of SNMIRN before! But for $7 you can’t go wrong!
7D90351B-65E6-4C96-A8A5-E9EA2BF51582.jpeg

Top Bottom