What's new

World’s Mildest (New) Razor?

Thinking that the dragging feeling is "blade feel" was the first thing I noticed as soon as it touched my neck... And yes the GC 68p is a keeper. Thinking I might have to share my thoughts and comparison on all my razors as you have.

The Mamba and GC 84p are going, just have to figure out the handles now....
Yeah...maybe I’m so spoiled with the Henson that any blade feel is too much. At least that won’t be a issue with the Blackbird that’s coming :eek2: Or if it’s too harsh, maybe I’ll try to trade it on BST for a Henson Ti-Mild 🤔

Please do share your thoughts 💭 on your other razors 🪒 🪒 I would definitely be interested in your opinions!

Glad the GC .68 made the cut! :clap:

Last edited:
Do you think the Nodachi might be better than the new Muramasa? If so, much cheaper to buy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No idea. I would think the adjustable would cover everything from mild to wild. The Muramasa is getting great reviews so far.

I can say the Nodachi is a fantastic shaver. I'm still getting to know it, but it's been providing some of the best shaves I've ever had. Super close and comfortable with just a touch of blade feel.

Yeah...maybe I’m so spoiled with the Henson that any blade feel is too much. At least that won’t be a issue with the Blackbird that’s coming :eek2: Or if it’s too harsh, maybe I’ll try to trade it on BST for a Henson Ti-Mild 🤔

Please do share your thoughts 💭 on your other razors 🪒 🪒 I would definitely be interested in your opinions!

Glad the GC .68 made the cut! :clap:
What made you buy a Blackbird? It’s a great razor but not mild in any way.

What made you buy a Blackbird? It’s a great razor but not mild in any way.
I heard that although the Blackbird Ti is very efficient, it's also very comfortable and maneuverable:

Did you find the Blackbird Ti uncomfortable? Did it cause you a lot of nicks, cuts, or irritation?

I don't mind if a razor is efficient...so long as it is also very comfortable ;)

I heard that although the Blackbird Ti is very efficient, it's also very comfortable and maneuverable:

Did you find the Blackbird Ti uncomfortable? Did it cause you a lot of nicks, cuts, or irritation?

I don't mind if a razor is efficient...so long as it is also very comfortable ;)
Im receiving my Blackbird Ti later in the week but from my experience the Blackbird SS can be very harsh if you overshave. You gotta sort of break away from mild razor habits of going over the same area numerous times.
It actually felt quite safe, never felt like I was going to nick myself, but my first shave with it (the SS Blackbird) left my face very raw as the blade feel left my face quite raw and damaged feeling.
It’s certainly a great razor as I ended up with a great shave on my second use after just WTG and XTG, but I wouldn’t consider it to be mild. Again my experience so far is with stainless steel.

I know this wasn't asked to me, but I shaved with a SS Blackbird for over a year as my only razor. I still use it in my rotation, but it has slipped behind some of my other razors. The Blackbird is very efficient, but does have a lot of blade feel. I've never tried the Ti version but I've heard the lighter weight gives it a little less blade feel. After shaving with the razors in your tests, the Blackbird is most likely going to feel much different. I hope you end up liking it.....they are cool looking razors with lots of performance.

Im receiving my Blackbird Ti later in the week but from my experience the Blackbird SS can be very harsh if you overshave. You gotta sort of break away from mild razor habits of going over the same area numerous times.
It actually felt quite safe, never felt like I was going to nick myself, but my first shave with it (the SS Blackbird) left my face very raw as the blade feel left my face quite raw and damaged feeling.
It’s certainly a great razor as I ended up with a great shave on my second use after just WTG and XTG, but I wouldn’t consider it to be mild. Again my experience so far is with stainless steel.
Sorry to hear about the harshness of the Blackbird SS! Hopefully the Ti will be more comfortable and not leave your face raw!😮

Sorry to hear about the harshness of the Blackbird SS! Hopefully the Ti will be more comfortable and not leave your face raw!😮
My first use with it wasn’t good, but I learned from my mistakes. My second use was very good, required more attention to detail but the shave was excellent. No raw feeling on the second shave with it. Very comfortable

Glad to hear the Timeless OC .68 shave lasts so long!:a14:Sometimes you get what feels like a close shave, but then a few hours later it's gone! :rolleyes: I'll have to try the Timeless-Henson mix-and-match! I didn't even know you could do that! :thumbsup:
I had to use the nylon washer with the handle as the threads on the Ti Handles seemed shallow :)

My face never gets along with the RR Lupo stainless but I really like the aluminum head and find it much milder. Happy to see Tatara making a comeback. I’d say the Masamune is pretty much perfect for me. Curious to try Tatara head combinations.

My face never gets along with the RR Lupo stainless but I really like the aluminum head and find it much milder. Happy to see Tatara making a comeback. I’d say the Masamune is pretty much perfect for me. Curious to try Tatara head combinations.
Thanks. I’m looking forward to my reunion with the Tatara Masamune 🇵🇹! From the beginning, it struck me as a beautiful, compact, high-quality razor with the precision of a medical instrument. I also got the Nodachi cap, which ups the blade exposure from negative to neutral. (I know...I'm getting wild in my old age 😆) But, actually, I thought the regular (negative-exposure) Masamune had blade feel! But, not in a bad way...more like in a medical precision instrument kind of way. 👍

I've tried several RRs. I really like some of them (and they're definitely a good bang for your buck!) but there are just too many other razors out there (like the Tatara, the Timeless, and the Henson, etc.) that I like better. I haven't tried a RR aluminum, but honestly, I can't imagine it beating any of these other top dogs.

Last edited:
Thanks. I’m looking forward to my reunion with the Tatara Masamune 🇵🇹! From the beginning, it struck me as a beautiful, compact, high-quality razor with the precision of a medical instrument. I also got the Nodachi cap, which ups the blade exposure from negative to neutral. (I know...I'm getting wild in my old age 😆) But, actually, I thought the regular (negative-exposure) Masamune had blade feel! But, not in a bad way...more like in a medical precision instrument kind of way. 👍

I've tried several RRs. I really like some of them (and they're definitely a good bang for your buck!) but there are just too many other razors out there (like the Tatara, the Timeless, and the Henson, etc.) that I like better. I haven't tried a RR aluminum, but honestly, I can't imagine it beating any of these other top dogs.
I feel the blade while using the Masamune. It’s like a ‘buzz’ on my skin. Not sure how to explain it. I don’t use it everyday but when I do it’s always great.
My favorite RR is the Mamba 70 and then the Lupo aluminum (with a different handle than the slippery stock). I have all the other RRs and basically feel as you did about them. Interesting how I just don’t get along with the Henson like so many others do. It won’t get under and around my nose without leaving stubble. Reminds me of a Gillette with five blades on one side and a single blade on the other for getting into tight spots. With the Henson it feels like it’s missing that single blade for touch ups.

I feel the blade while using the Masamune. It’s like a ‘buzz’ on my skin. Not sure how to explain it. I don’t use it everyday but when I do it’s always great.
My favorite RR is the Mamba 70 and then the Lupo aluminum (with a different handle than the slippery stock). I have all the other RRs and basically feel as you did about them. Interesting how I just don’t get along with the Henson like so many others do. It won’t get under and around my nose without leaving stubble. Reminds me of a Gillette with five blades on one side and a single blade on the other for getting into tight spots. With the Henson it feels like it’s missing that single blade for touch ups.
That's true about the Henson, but the Gillette Fusion used to cause ingrown hairs under my nose.
Now I don't have that problem...I just let the hair grow! :biggrin1:
1621453649572.png
My Tatara just arrived at U.S. Customs. Hopefully, it won't get stuck there like in Portugal!:sob:

2 Timeless users questions if some can help would be great ?

1: Does your razor make a scraping scritchy blade noise when tightening the blade down ? Its like the tolerance is so close it scrapes something when tightening and I tried various blades might be the center post or the two tabs in the cap ?

2: just not sure about the comb and going to have to try the straight or the scallop bar for sure
any thoughts on which one folks have tried ?

——————————————————————

was going to contact them also so not a complaint more a curiosity input from others etc... :)

todays DFS shave was using Gillette platinum blue pack did the Timeless against my mild henson bit more feel on the timeless during the shave but post as I sit now a few hours later both are about the same did not do any ATG just 3 pass WTG and XTG x 2 opposite ways
still getting a bit more irritation than I like so more tests :) but I knew this and its going to take a while :) I had two weepers on the timeless shave one on my lower mid neck and on that upper lip edge trouble spot :)

Side note I am 57 5’11” 175 lbs so neck face have hard edge angles and that center adams apple spot is the tough part :) %100 Swedish blood by herritage (not ever lived there) so red/blonde goatee that is now half grey and for sure that ultra fair skin I look way younger is the upside of such fair smooth soft skin :)
I do think that sometimes kinda helps when I hear someones general character :)

That's true about the Henson, but the Gillette Fusion used to cause ingrown hairs under my nose.
Now I don't have that problem...I just let the hair grow! :biggrin1:
My Tatara just arrived at U.S. Customs. Hopefully, it won't get stuck there like in Portugal!:sob:
Never had that ingrown issue could see that being no fun

for my nose I just yank the sucker up out of the way and press in under my nostrils :)

my only odd obsession is that stray hair and fuzz on my ears I freaking hate and drives me nuts and is tough to shave with the DE :)
but I am kinda odd neat freak that way I guess again I stack my forks in my drawer kinda character and everything has to be in its place perfect aligned etc...

2 Timeless users questions if some can help would be great ?

1: Does your razor make a scraping scritchy blade noise when tightening the blade down ? Its like the tolerance is so close it scrapes something when tightening and I tried various blades might be the center post or the two tabs in the cap ?

2: just not sure about the comb and going to have to try the straight or the scallop bar for sure
any thoughts on which one folks have tried ?

Just got my Timeless .68 OC! I LOVE it!

1. I didn't hear any blade noise when tightening it down. I only heard the sound of metal parts being screwed together.

2. For sure, the OC is a little more efficient than the SB and not quite as comfortable. I just placed an order for the SB. I may keep both or I may send back the OC.

Just got my Timeless .68 OC! I LOVE it!

1. I didn't hear any blade noise when tightening it down. I only heard the sound of metal parts being screwed together.

2. For sure, the OC is a little more efficient than the SB and not quite as comfortable. I just placed an order for the SB. I may keep both or I may send back the OC.
Scalloped I hope! That combination is spectacular looking!

Top Bottom