What's new

World’s Mildest (New) Razor?

Is Copper lighter than Steel? 🤔
I have the Steel SSM1 but it’s heavy 💪🏻
What about Titanium? 😉

Copper is heavier than iron or steel - the density of elemental copper is 8,944 kg/m3, the average stainless alloy is slightly less than 8,000 kg/m3. I don't have a stainless Windsor, but as a practical comparison, the Calypso copper handle is 82.2g, and the Calypso stainless on ATT's site is listed as 73g. Elemental Titanium is a little over half the density of stainless steel - 4,250 kg/m3.

How is the Windsor under and around the nose? I already have the Tatara and love it! Maybe I’ll add another razor to my collection?

Copper is heavier than iron or steel - the density of elemental copper is 8,944 kg/m3, the average stainless alloy is slightly less than 8,000 kg/m3. I don't have a stainless Windsor, but as a practical comparison, the Calypso copper handle is 82.2g, and the Calypso stainless on ATT's site is listed as 73g. Elemental Titanium is a little over half the density of stainless steel - 4,250 kg/m3.
That’s what I thought...although I would have guessed that the elemental density of copper would have been around 8,943 kg/m3 instead of 8,944 kg/m3! 😉
Copper is heavier than steel.
Ok -1 vote for Copper
(1 vote for Titanium)

Last edited:
Just got a notification that Italian Barber has the RazoRock GameChanger .68-P back in stock. Is this a worthy contender for the Mild Razor competition? (I already have the Mamba .53 on the way.)

That’s what I thought...although I would have guessed that the elemental density of copper would have been around 8,943 kg/m3 instead of 8,944 kg/m3! 😉

Ok -1 vote for Copper
(1 vote for Titanium)

Actually, the answer is "it depends" - on who you ask and how they measure it. If you calculate the density from atomic weight, the answer is 8,960 kg/m3, at 293 degrees Kelvin, at sea level. That's not going to happen with real world meaurements with real world materials, so any "real" standard industrial measure is going to be - sort of - an average. So I'll give you 8,943 kg/m3 ( actually, a common number is 8,940). In short, a block of copper a yard plus wide is really, really heavy. Really. :biggrin1:

Actually, the answer is "it depends" - on who you ask and how they measure it. If you calculate the density from atomic weight, the answer is 8,960 kg/m3, at 293 degrees Kelvin, at sea level. That's not going to happen with real world meaurements with real world materials, so any "real" standard industrial measure is going to be - sort of - an average. So I'll give you 8,943 kg/m3 ( actually, a common number is 8,940). In short, a block of copper a yard plus wide is really, really heavy. Really. :biggrin1:
🤪

I finally read this thread. Of the razors currently in production that were mentioned, I have the Wolfman SB SS 1.05, the ATT S-1, and the Feather AS-D2. Of the three the Feather is the mildest the Wolfman the most efficient and the best combination of smoothest and efficient hand down is the A-1.

I finally read this thread. Of the razors currently in production that were mentioned, I have the Wolfman SB SS 1.05, the ATT S-1, and the Feather AS-D2. Of the three the Feather is the mildest the Wolfman the most efficient and the best combination of smoothest and efficient hand down is the A-1.
I have the ATT SSM-1. How does it compare against your three in terms of performance (smoothness + efficiency)?
I have sensitive skin, so I prioritize comfort.
Thanks.

Just got a notification that Italian Barber has the RazoRock GameChanger .68-P back in stock. Is this a worthy contender for the Mild Razor competition? (I already have the Mamba .53 on the way.)
I have had both the Mamba 53 and the Game Changer 68. I much prefer the Mamba 53. I found the GC no more efficient than the Mamba, but considerably harsher in terms of blade feel and chatter. I sold the GC but still have the Mamba. But neither will dethrone the Henson AL 13, I predict.

I have had both the Mamba 53 and the Game Changer 68. I much prefer the Mamba 53. I found the GC no more efficient than the Mamba, but considerably harsher in terms of blade feel and chatter. I sold the GC but still have the Mamba. But neither will dethrone the Henson AL 13, I predict.
Well, you've been right so far! Just wanted to try a few more "legends" while waiting for the Henson Ti to get restocked! ;)

P.S. Today I had my second very smooth, nick-free shave with the AL13...with basically ZERO alum feedback :thumbup: Amazing!

Last edited:
Top Bottom