What's new

World’s Mildest (New) Razor?

It's beautiful as well, but I prefer the look of the Timeless ;) Also (and I know I'm in the minority around here), I actually prefer the look of machined razors (matte finish) over polished razors (glossy finish). To me, a razor is primarily a tool. Polished razors look primarily like works of art. Now, if I were a collector with dozens of razors on stands, etc. that would be a different story. But, as a minimalist with just one razor hanging on a utility hook over my sink, I want my razor to look the part.
Brother, I hear you... my Vector is machine finished, I too prefer that understated matte look.

Being a minimalist myself, it was the only razor on my countertop, until this Timeless came along.

Now, the Vector is taking a break, while I'm having the Timeless as a sole razor in my bathroom.

As for glossiness, the availability of Timeless is quite limited in EU and there are no options, like "build your own". Basically, you can get a full kit and that's it. There were actually no matte ones, only polished. So that's what I've got. But, she is a looker, the more I look at it, the more appealing it has become 😁

Brother, I hear you... my Vector is machine finished, I too prefer that understated matte look.

Being a minimalist myself, it was the only razor on my countertop, until this Timeless came along.

Now, the Vector is taking a break, while I'm having the Timeless as a sole razor in my bathroom.

As for glossiness, the availability of Timeless is quite limited in EU and there are no options, like "build your own". Basically, you can get a full kit and that's it. There were actually no matte ones, only polished. So that's what I've got. But, she is a looker, the more I look at it, the more appealing it has become 😁
Ahh...a kindred spirit...how wonderful! My Timeless may be up for sale on BST soon! I just had another shave with the V2, this time with the Feather Pro...awesome blade! I'm so happy :)

But, it looks like we’re going in the opposite directions…AC-DE and DE-AC. We should’ve traded! 😂
Ahhh! The direction's fine 😜

These two are never going to leave my den. Love them both, use them both.

I might even make an exception to my minimalist practice/philosophy and actually put them both on the countertop.

Decisions, decisions... 😁 😂 🤣

1628669243122.png

I may end up keeping the Timeless and the V2 (or Vector)…we will see. I prefer to have only one razor 🪒 but it may take me a while to decide. I like the AC blades but the Timeless (aka “Mindless”) is so easy to use without any danger ⚠ that it may be worthwhile keeping around just in case I’m half asleep 😴 or something 😂

I may end up keeping the Timeless and the V2 (or Vector)…we will see. I prefer to have only one razor 🪒 but it may take me a while to decide. I like the AC blades but the Timeless (aka “Mindless”) is so easy to use without any danger ⚠ that it may be worthwhile keeping around just in case I’m half asleep 😴 or something 😂
Sounds familiar... I wonder why 😂😂

Most of the time I'm alright...but 10% of the time (like today) I'm in such a rush that I have no time to prep, etc. I just threw on a layer of Pro-Shave and went for it...a quick 5-minute shave. The results were presentable (though nowhere near DFS)...but, IMO, this is where the Timeless shines. You want quick? We got quick ;) No nicks, no cuts, and no irritation! Tomorrow, hopefully, I can get back to normal 😂 but I don't think I'm going to be throwing around a Vector in the same mindless way I do the Timeless!

[mention]Kennyg2019 [/mention] I just spent 2 hours surfing this thread and ooof, I’m tired! [emoji28]

I’m an SE-only shaver, with my ONE razor being the Vector, paired with a mild (Kai Pink) blade. It is nimble and smooth, particularly if riding the cap. I love this razor so much, I have the Ti on order.

That said, I wouldn’t mind expanding my den to include ONE DE razor. Based on recommendations, I bought the Henson AL13 Medium (just before stroke of midnight, September GRUME!). On sale for $60, it’s a small investment.

With respect to maneuverability, between the Tatara Masamune, Timeless Ti 0.68, and Henson, which did you feel to be most nimble, able to easily get under the nose, without fear of nicks or cuts?

Lastly, have you ever tried the Bic Chrome Platinum blades? They’re as sharp as the Feathers, but hold their sharpness for much longer.

[mention]Kennyg2019 [/mention] I just spent 2 hours surfing this thread and ooof, I’m tired! [emoji28]

I’m an SE-only shaver, with my ONE razor being the Vector, paired with a mild (Kai Pink) blade. It is nimble and smooth, particularly if riding the cap. I love this razor so much, I have the Ti on order.

That said, I wouldn’t mind expanding my den to include ONE DE razor. Based on recommendations, I bought the Henson AL13 Medium (just before stroke of midnight, September GRUME!). On sale for $60, it’s a small investment.

With respect to maneuverability, between the Tatara Masamune, Timeless Ti 0.68, and Henson, which did you feel to be most nimble, able to easily get under the nose, without fear of nicks or cuts?

Lastly, have you ever tried the Bic Chrome Platinum blades? They’re as sharp as the Feathers, but hold their sharpness for much longer.
My own experience: Masamune is more suitable for you

From my experience (I have both Tatara and Timeless razors) the Tatara is like a race car and the Timeless is more like a comfy sedan. If you get a Tatara with the Mesamune handle (any head combo) I believe you'll find it one of the best razors you've ever shaved with as far as comfort, closeness, and maneuverability. My Tatara Nodachi head/Mesamune handle is my best performing DE out of about 8 that stay in my top rotation.....the Henson Ti22 medium is second.

I agree with the others about the Tatara being a good fit…probably the closest DE to the Vector in terms of blade feel, efficiency, and nimbleness…although the Vector (with the AC blades) brings it up a notch or two 😉
The Henson is a completely different beast… much less blade feel and efficiency. It is nimble, because it’s so lightweight, but it will require a little extra work under the nose to get the job done 👃 You won’t have to worry about cutting yourself with a Henson!
Hopefully, you can get a BBS shave with your Henson in less time than it took you to read this thread!🤣

PS Like all the best razor manufacturers (Blackland, Timeless, ATT, etc.) Henson stands by their products. If you are not completely happy with their razor, you can return it (within 30 days) for a full refund! You can’t lose 👍🏻

PS Like all the best razor manufacturers (Blackland, Timeless, ATT, etc.) Henson stands by their products. If you are not completely happy with their razor, you can return it (within 30 days) for a full refund! You can’t lose [emoji1303]

I tried the Henson moderate. Good razor for entry for cartridge folks. Nothing special though in comparison to the Vector… I gave the Henson to my 16-year old in exchange for his iKon X3 slant. I think he’ll be happier.

I’m about to purchase the Masamune. Will report back.

Very interested in this, I recently learned about negative & positive exposure and I am currently between Masamune and Henson mild, the ingrown hair issue is killing me and I have tried everything -- except getting a 'mild' razor. What is the consensus, which one is the mildest razor of them all?

Top Bottom