CB

$90
(Comfort 7.5, Efficiency 8.5)

Timeless🇺🇸
Ti:thumbup:

$300
(Comfort 9, Efficiency 9)

Timeless🇺🇸 AL $75
(Comfort 0, Efficiency N/A) Disqualified!

Today, I tried two offerings from Timeless...the Ti .68 and the AL. They were, without question, the best and the worst shaves of my entire life.
What made the AL your worst shave? Could it be possible you got a defective unit?

Also, where is the final scorecard?

Last edited:
A Rockwell 6S/6C with plate 1 is almost unusably mild.

You're not kidding! I used the "1" plate with an Astra blade today and it's even milder than my RazoRock Baby Smooth! My face feels like it's still got 1 day worth of growth. I'll just use a sharper blade and see what happens. Also, I'll be trying the "3" setting...

What made the AL your worst shave? Could it be possible you got a defective unit?

Also, where is the final scorecard?
Probably was a defect in retrospect. But I was trying so many razors that I didn’t bother exchanging it for another one.
I think the final score was @ p 40 (#800)

Last edited:
Weight. I fell in love with the weight and feel of titanium.
I may be moving onto a different platform (SE). If so, I’ll lend you my Timeless. PM me next week.
@Kennyg2019, I'm assuming you're going for the Vector?

If Timeless .68 is your top dog, you might wanna have a look at some of my ramblings from another thread in terms of "Timeless .68 Vs. Vector":

@Kennyg2019, I'm assuming you're going for the Vector?

If Timeless .68 is your top dog, you might wanna have a look at some of my ramblings from another thread in terms of "Timeless .68 Vs. Vector":

I’ve been using the Colonial The General V2 head for a week and it’s been a game changer…the slim form and AC blades have been a revelation. The head is much more precise and maneuverable than the Timeless and the blades feel more “solid” (less “bladey”) if that makes sense.

I read what you said about the Vector not having an “autopilot” setting like the Timeless. You’re not the first person who has told me that! So, thanks again for the heads up!

While the V2 requires a little more thought than the Timeless, it’s still pretty intuitive. (So far, I’ve only gotten one tiny weeper which somehow disappeared between the first and second pass!lol) Also, the post-shave is better…my skin feels and looks smoother.

Yes, I also have a Vector on preorder (as well as a GEM ready for today’s shave), but even if I don’t get along with either of them, I think a paradigm shift has already begun with the V2. I should be able to confirm this by next week.
BTW, I’m using the Timeless Crown handle with the V2 head. I like that handle so much I just ordered another one!

If the weeper was between the first and second pass, then you are trying to take too much on the first pass! I don't even stretch on the first pass with The General, just let the safety bar do it's job and plane the top off with zero pressure(some lather trails still). Second pass, I use stretching and medium length swipes. One problem with the SE blades that I hope you don't discover is there is no feedback during the shave if you hit an irritated spot wrong. You will get bumps later and wonder how that happened.

BTW, I’m using the Timeless Crown handle with the V2 head. I like that handle so much I just ordered another one!
You missed the chance to get a handle from Rusdrunkbear! Mine is the same weight and dimensions as the timeless handle, but with a unique pattern. Obviously TiBam is nice too, but the handles are a bit different than Timeless to me. Bought the one from Rusdrunkbear for my General. Sorry to poke you after you ordered :devil:

If the weeper was between the first and second pass, then you are trying to take too much on the first pass! I don't even stretch on the first pass with The General, just let the safety bar do it's job and plane the top off with zero pressure(some lather trails still). Second pass, I use stretching and medium length swipes. One problem with the SE blades that I hope you don't discover is there is no feedback during the shave if you hit an irritated spot wrong. You will get bumps later and wonder how that happened.
Good to know. Thanks!

I’ve been using the Colonial The General V2 head for a week and it’s been a game changer…the slim form and AC blades have been a revelation. The head is much more precise and maneuverable than the Timeless and the blades feel more “solid” (less “bladey”) if that makes sense.

I read what you said about the Vector not having an “autopilot” setting like the Timeless. You’re not the first person who has told me that! So, thanks again for the heads up!

While the V2 requires a little more thought than the Timeless, it’s still pretty intuitive. (So far, I’ve only gotten one tiny weeper which somehow disappeared between the first and second pass!lol) Also, the post-shave is better…my skin feels and looks smoother.

Yes, I also have a Vector on preorder (as well as a GEM ready for today’s shave), but even if I don’t get along with either of them, I think a paradigm shift has already begun with the V2. I should be able to confirm this by next week.
Naturally, the AC blades don't just feel "more solid", they are MUCH thicker and wider, so they ARE more solid 😀

This was my #1 reason for liking the AC format, as these blade never skip and never chatter. They just shave, much like the SR.

That being said however, I never had a razor that holds a DE blade so tight, secure and locked as the Timeless + it bends the blade quite a bit, which allows me to use the razor with a steep angle... something I normally don't do, as I'm typically a shallow-angle shaver. In all the actuality the Timeless has been a true revelation, an epiphany if you wish.

BTW, I was eyeing the General v2, but then several YT reviewers described it as inferior to Vector, so I opted for the Vector. It's a GREAT razor, the best I had so far overall, but Timeless is milder w/o losing efficiency, so I prefer it, if ever so slightly.

Hey Dave, since your in here, I just wanted to say thanks to you and Kenny for your experiences with the Timeless. I knew from his experience that the .68 was too mild for me, but after many posts by you I decided on the .95 to compliment my General. I have far too many vintage blades to abandon DE and it does provide a different experience than the SE that I can't say is better or worse. I wouldn't want to be without both. And an occasional vintage razor for fun.

You missed the chance to get a handle from Rusdrunkbear! Mine is the same weight and dimensions as the timeless handle, but with a unique pattern. Obviously TiBam is nice too, but the handles are a bit different than Timeless to me. Bought the one from Rusdrunkbear for my General. Sorry to poke you after you ordered :devil:
Not familiar with Rusdrunkbear, but I love my Timeless Crown handle. The weight, the modern utilitarian look, the material, the soft, grippy feel of the matte finish. That's why I ordered another one, so I can keep one for the V2 😇 (aka "GameChanger").

IMG-1685.jpg

Hey Dave, since your in here, I just wanted to say thanks to you and Kenny for your experiences with the Timeless. I knew from his experience that the .68 was too mild for me, but after many posts by you I decided on the .95 to compliment my General. I have far too many vintage blades to abandon DE and it does provide a different experience than the SE that I can't say is better or worse. I wouldn't want to be without both. And an occasional vintage razor for fun.
Hey buddy, you're more than welcome! 😀

Glad that you've found my ramblings helpful 😋 TBH, I was just journaling my experiences... as it's all very new to me, given I got it just last week. But sometimes you just know from the first stroke it's the right choice. I feel lucky.

View attachment 1309787
Oops, the General has been in the trenches(zoom warning)
It's beautiful as well, but I prefer the look of the Timeless ;) Also (and I know I'm in the minority around here), I actually prefer the look of machined razors (matte finish) over polished razors (glossy finish). To me, a razor is primarily a tool. Polished razors look primarily like works of art. Now, if I were a collector with dozens of razors on stands, etc. that would be a different story. But, as a minimalist with just one razor hanging on a utility hook over my sink, I want my razor to look the part.

Top Bottom