What's new

World’s Mildest (New) Razor?

Wow...first Spanish razor mentioned! 🇪🇸 Have you tried it?
1626400108205.png

She looks bonita...but why is Señora Seygus frowning? :(

Nope, I am just teasing you about buying every razor again. This one is Ti though, so right up your alley. I don't really understand the design other than it's another mild razor. Beautiful though 😍

Nope, I am just teasing you about buying every razor again. This one is Ti though, so right up your alley. I don't really understand the design other than it's another mild razor. Beautiful though 😍
Gotcha 😂 No, I'm done buying every razor out there. Actually, I'm about to sell my last "extra" razor and just have one in my den.
However, I will continue to buy an occasional razor (perhaps the one you mentioned ;) if I think it is a serious contender to replace my Timeless. Thanks for the suggestion! I love the fact that the Seygus Ti is mild and titanium. The fact that it looks like a Spanish cousin to my razor doesn't hurt! ⏳ It's $100 more than the Timeless, so it would have to be noticeably better for me to make the switch💰

Unfortunately, BullGoose Shaving, the distributor for Seygus in the USA, does not accept returns...and it doesn't look like you can buy directly from the manufacturer. Oh well, what can you do. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Oh wow it's still stuck. Well hopefully you wouldn't want to return the Seygus 🤞
Maybe you can find one on the BST
You actually were considering it 🤣
🤷‍♂️
Well, sure. Why not? So far I've returned, sold, or gifted 38/40 razors...and I'm about to sell #39.
But, if a serious contender presents itself (like a Wolfman, Karve Ti, etc.), and I have the opportunity to "try before I buy", I will! Although the Timeless will be my only razor for now, if something better comes along, then so be it ;)

I've used a lot of double-edge razors; and the best of the lot was one is a $12 DE: a Bali BD176. Hands down it beat all the Merkur, Jagger, Feather, Muhle, RazoRocks, vintage razors I've owned. The Bali is modeled after a Gillette Tech; but for me it bests the shave of the Techs I've had. I tried them from the 1940s through 1970s, both fat and ball handle models. I got rid of all those razors because none of them was really comfortable to use and none delivered a thorough and comfortable good shave. These days it's the 176 for me. The razor is as simple as the days when a tune-up consisted of new plugs, points, rotor, distributor cap, and a free Saturday afternoon.
I have the RazoRock DE1 and if I use any pressure, it will / can bite. If no pressure is used, some stubble will be left.

I get better results with Mamba 53, Mamba 70 and Game Changer 68 SB

And then there was one...
View attachment 1298393
Ladies and gentlemen, allow me to introduce to you the only razor left in my den...
the Timeless Ti .68 SB!
I have been on the fence ordering one for months.

Thanks for starting the thread and keeping it moving.

Did you manage to get a synthetic brush meeting your tastes?

I use this one:

I have been on the fence ordering one for months.

Thanks for starting the thread and keeping it moving.

Did you manage to get a synthetic brush meeting your tastes?

I use this one:
I actually got sidetracked focusing on razors 🪒 but thanks for the suggestion. It looks nice 👍🏻

You can “buy and try” a Timeless. If you don’t like it, believe me, they will give you no trouble refunding your money! 💰 😉

Guys...I just found a wonderful pre-shave cream! Shout out to rick92f
It's called Pro Shave Brushless Shaving Cream. It's soo slick!
The only "problems"...it's pink..and it smells (and feels) like women's face cream...But it works great!

1627072840179.png

I have used Cremo Cream and other brushless creams to boost the slickness of some lathers. Neutrogena Sensitive is another one. This looks like something worth checking out.

Thanks.

I have used Cremo Cream and other brushless creams to boost the slickness of some lathers. Neutrogena Sensitive is another one. This looks like something worth checking out.

Thanks.
I haven't tried Cremo. I have tried Neutrogena, and Pro Shave is noticeably slicker.

Top Bottom