What's new

Worlds Finest Safety Razor | Overview | First Shave Report

The “Worlds Finest Safety Razor” landed on my doorstep today. You ask: “Is it really?”

Well, I can only give you “my” opinion… so here goes:

The packaging is minimal:
WFSR-1_2020-10-29.jpg

But I really like it.

It does come with a travel case:
WFSR-2_2020-10-29.jpg

Which is a nice touch (IMO):
WFSR-3_2020-10-29.jpg

HERE’S THE MEASUREMENTS:
1604008807821.png

WFSR-4_2020-10-29.jpg

WFSR-5_2020-10-29.jpg

Assembled and loaded:
WFSR-6_2020-10-29.jpg

End view showing blade
WFSR-7_2020-10-29.jpg

An attempt to show the blade exposure which appears to be ±0:
WFSR-8_2020-10-29.jpg

FIRST SHAVE REPORT
SOTD-WFSR-G_2020-10-29.jpg
:001_wub:

Brush: Shavemac 18/44 Pure
Soap: Rasozero Agrumella
Razor: Worlds Finest Safety Razor
Blade: Personna Platinum Chrome (1)
ASL: Cool Lemon

I must say that was a very, very nice shave. Obviously a single shave doesn’t tell that much, so I’ll continue reporting here for the duration of my “Worlds Finest Safety Razor” training period (however long that may be).

A few things I noticed on the first outing:
  • The head is very comfortable and easy to get into awkward places. I’m one of those “lucky” people with a relatively slim face (which has plenty difficult to reach valleys).
  • The handle is the grippiest one that I’ve experienced — but very comfortable. It passed my handle test straight away (I didn’t notice it during the shave).
  • I usually get a BBS shave easily, but I must say it seemed even easier today.

Definitely two thumbs up to Mr Fine. :thumbup:

Happy shaves all y’all. :cornut:

The world's finest is not nearly as aggressive as the r41, for me. I think it rides a nice, very nice, line between smooth and efficient. It has a great hold on the blade and so you get excellent consistency.

I found it very comfortable with several blades that I put in it and I pretty much always got a very close shave . I found that by changing the blade, I was able to tweak the feel to be a little more or less aggressive, depending on what I wanted.

Workmanship quality is excellent, but I do think the design of the handle is a little lacking for such an expensive razor. However I found it extremely practical because it is well balanced and during the shave your grip is perfect.

For me, the only weakness was the retail price. But then I was able to obtain one at used prices, and am very happy.

(Sent from mobile)

That handle has a hint of the Gillette New common bar handle looks. How does compare to a Gillette New @Cal ?
Do we define it as a combed safety bar?

That handle has a hint of the Gillette New common bar handle looks.
Indeed. Here it is between a New SC and a New LC:
NSC-WFSR-NLC_2020-10-30.jpg

How does compare to a Gillette New @Cal ?
The handle is ten times as grippy and IMO it shaves much better too.
Do we define it as a combed safety bar?
I like that definition. :001_cool:

In my personal "razor tech speak" I define it as a closed comb (i.e. just like the R41 with "teeth" on the safety bars) vs a true open comb (with full size teeth, the openings between which comprise the drainage system).

I must admit the sheer number of guard descriptions flying around is mind boggling, not to mention confusing. But like everyone else... I know what I mean (even if no one else does). :lol1:

Needs more rabbit...maybe hedgehog...
:hand: No more rabbits. Following just the one white rabbit is PLENTY.

But, the hedgehogs came out of hibernation just to see you hcoop111. :001_smile

Worlds Finest Safety Razor SOTD
SOTD-WFSR-B_2020-10-30.jpg
:001_wub:

Brush: Shavemac 18/44 Pure
Soap: Rasozero Agrumella
Razor: Worlds Finest Safety Razor
Blade: Personna Platinum Chrome (2)
ASL: Cool Lemon

WFSR Shave 2:
Well, I thought yesterday's shave was great, but today's was better still. Rather than me training with the razor, it's like the razor's training me (in a very nice and easy way). If my next shave is as good as this one it's definitely going to the Number One spot on my podium (and will be well deserving of its name).

Happy shaves guys. :cornut:

Top Bottom