What's new

World's Finest Razor

If it's based on a New LC, it can't be all bad. I have the British Flat Bottom and Raised Flat Bottom versions and they are by far my favorite razors. A fabulous shave guaranteed every time.

With that said, $165 for me is too steep for any razor. The New LC is a totally underappreciated razor and can be had for a fraction of that

Whether or not the razor is made in China is not very important to me. I am not supporting the communist party with my purchase. As for slave labor, there are other countries too where a large percentage of the population works crazy hours, never takes leave, still does not make a living wage, and has no access to basic health care...

Looks nice and rigid, something the LC simply isn't. It resembles a SC mated with an Ilfe/Henso, even R41.

Adam

Agree, I’m cautiously optimistic. If the tolerances are good and it’s around 65 USD I’ll buy one: a modern stainless NSC clone would be a good deal at that price point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd be hard pressed to buy a spendy razor like that, since my Old Types, New LC & SC's and a Tech or 3 all provide everything I want in a smooth, close & comfortable shave.

thombrogan

Lounging On The Isle Of Tugsley.
it does make me want to get an old Gillette off of the 'Bay.

Seen many in the Gillette NEW series there that were awesome mixtures of brass and copper.

With really pretty versions for $25-40 shipped, that leaves over $100 in your razor budget left over for soaps and splashes from Fine Accoutrements. I know it’s pricey, but I’m hooked on Snake Bite.

Seen many in the Gillette NEW series there that were awesome mixtures of brass and copper.

With really pretty versions for $25-40 shipped, that leaves over $100 in your razor budget left over for soaps and splashes from Fine Accoutrements. I know it’s pricey, but I’m hooked on Snake Bite.
The top caps are actually red bras, tougher then just plain copper. They were originally gold plated. when polished up, an old raggedy New looks rather striking with the red cap & handle & brass bottom plate.

thombrogan

Lounging On The Isle Of Tugsley.
That’s very cool to know. Thank you. Got a Tech with same materials last month. It’s no NEW SC (or NEW LC or Finest NEW LC homage), but it looks so awesome

The top caps are actually red bras, tougher then just plain copper. They were originally gold plated. when polished up, an old raggedy New looks rather striking with the red cap & handle & brass bottom plate.
Yup.
proxy.php

Sent from my LG-US998 using Tapatalk

Fine Accoutrements sent an e-mail today with more info about the World's Finest Razor.

In a nutshell, the razor is a replica of the NEW LC in 316 stainless steel. A limited stock of 100 razors will be available, starting on July 23. No pricing yet, but it's being compared to razors in the $500-range. It will be much cheaper than that, due to off-shore (Chinese?) manufacture.

Here's the e-mail:

proxy.php

The countdown begins: T-minus two weeks before The World's Finest Razor goes live. (Mark July 23 on your calendar!)

See what makes this our most anticipated razor to date. A full description and fact sheet are below.

proxy.php

Impeccable Quality at Impossible-to-Beat Pricing
Normally, a razor of this caliber would be REAL expensive – in the neighborhood of $500.

However, by keeping this offer exclusive to our website and leveraging the cost savings available from off-shore manufacturing, we were able to keep this meticulously designed, ultra-premium razor much more affordable.

proxy.php

No Compromises
A step above even other premium razors, each piece is precision machined from solid 316 Marine Grade Stainless Steel. Not only does this provide the ultimate in durability (it will never break, bend or chip during normal use, and the finish is forever restorable), it also avoids the mild rust known as tea stains that plague lesser grades of steel razors.

Further, the gleaming polished finish goes beyond the mere cosmetic. This labor-intensive post-production procedure requires multiple mechanical passes over each part with increasingly fine abrasives. But the end results are well worth the effort, as users get improved glide during use, easier cleaning, and superior long-term corrosion resistance.

proxy.php

The Best Shave, Every Darn Day
You can buy this razor with confidence, knowing a lifetime of FINE shaves awaits, because the cutting geometry of The World's Finest Safety Razor exactly replicates what may be the greatest vintage razor of all time – The 1930’s era NEW Gillette (long comb) Razor.

In short, you’ll experience the absolute best of what the greatest company in shaving ever produced - every time you shave.

proxy.php

The World's Finest Razor is a web-exclusive, only available at our website on July 23. A limited stock of 100 razors will be available, first-come, first serve.

Fine Accoutrements sent an e-mail today with more info about the World's Finest Razor.

In a nutshell, the razor is a replica of the NEW LC in 316 stainless steel. A limited stock of 100 razors will be available, starting on July 23. No pricing yet, but it's being compared to razors in the $500-range. It will be much cheaper than that, due to off-shore (Chinese?) manufacture.

Here's the e-mail:

proxy.php

The countdown begins: T-minus two weeks before The World's Finest Razor goes live. (Mark July 23 on your calendar!)

See what makes this our most anticipated razor to date. A full description and fact sheet are below.

proxy.php

Impeccable Quality at Impossible-to-Beat Pricing
Normally, a razor of this caliber would be REAL expensive – in the neighborhood of $500.

However, by keeping this offer exclusive to our website and leveraging the cost savings available from off-shore manufacturing, we were able to keep this meticulously designed, ultra-premium razor much more affordable.

proxy.php

No Compromises
A step above even other premium razors, each piece is precision machined from solid 316 Marine Grade Stainless Steel. Not only does this provide the ultimate in durability (it will never break, bend or chip during normal use, and the finish is forever restorable), it also avoids the mild rust known as tea stains that plague lesser grades of steel razors.

Further, the gleaming polished finish goes beyond the mere cosmetic. This labor-intensive post-production procedure requires multiple mechanical passes over each part with increasingly fine abrasives. But the end results are well worth the effort, as users get improved glide during use, easier cleaning, and superior long-term corrosion resistance.

proxy.php

The Best Shave, Every Darn Day
You can buy this razor with confidence, knowing a lifetime of FINE shaves awaits, because the cutting geometry of The World's Finest Safety Razor exactly replicates what may be the greatest vintage razor of all time – The 1930’s era NEW Gillette (long comb) Razor.

In short, you’ll experience the absolute best of what the greatest company in shaving ever produced - every time you shave.

proxy.php

The World's Finest Razor is a web-exclusive, only available at our website on July 23. A limited stock of 100 razors will be available, first-come, first serve.
Whether watch cases, fine flatware, glasses frames or handguns, I like stainless steel. I've always wanted to get a stainless razor, but the pricetag, coupled with the clunky zamack head-looking designs, all were a no-go for me. Perhaps an all-stainless, lightweight Tech knockoff would have more appeal to me.

Enter THIS offering. It's appealing looking, and it's Stainless!

It's also made in CHINA, and likely still pretty spendy. Even without my glasses, I can see it's NOT a replica of a Gillette Long Comb, but it will fool the unwary and those unfamiliar with actual vintage razors.

Bet it shaves nice?

But, for now, it's all unsubstantiated hype, glitz and Bull$h!t. Nobody knows how it will stack up to a REAL vintage Long Comb. I have several, and AFAIC, their performance is unbeatable.

20200710_132212.jpg
Sure, I've got about $70 invested in a replate, and $12 in the other, and not much more in a couple of others not pictured. But, they're REAL LC's.

That Chinese Stainless knockoff ain't no LC replica, either. It looks closer in design to an Old Type. I shave with several of them, too, and I'd bet your firstborn, this untried and unproven spendy impostor won't measure up.

For now, I'll look and admire the pictures, but I'll also regard it as a ¢rapshoot until actual, legit road tests indicate otherwise.

I think this looks really nice and the price is reasonable to me! Though there's no way this razor would be $500 even if made here. But, hey, that's marketing!

If it's impossible to beat pricing it must be cheaper than a Game Changer. Even if they add 25 Bucks for polishing, which the GC doesn't have, it should still be less than 100 bucks by their own reckoning.

Top Bottom