What's new

World Series

It was also great to see Carlos Beltran get a ring after all these years. And Altuve is one of my favorite players in the game, was very happy for him.

Altuve is a remarkable player. A hero for those of us less than 6' tall.

What surprised me was how cool, calm, and collected were the Astros considering they have so many young players. Plus, the Astros draft picks have been great.

The LA bullpen truly is amazing. And what can be said about Clayton Kershaw. He is one incredible pitcher.

Also enjoyed seeing Don Newcombe. I saw some of his games in Brooklyn. The same with Sandy Koufax.

This has been one of the most novel World Series I have ever seen. And then to top it all off, Correa proposes on national TV.

What a great day to be in H-Town!

I'm so giddy I can't stand it.

The Astros have a lot of great players and personalities on the team, but I'm even happier for the city of Houston. I also had no idea they had never won before, I"m always glad when those droughts end.

I'm so impressed with AJ Hinch. I love that they use Sabermetrics, but he also uses his intellect and intuition and trusts his players. I don't know if any other manager would have left Morton in the game in the 8th and 9th, but he did and holy cow did that guy produce.

Both the Astros and Dodgers will be great next year too. Tons of young talent on both sides.

Happy for Springer, he seems like a humble dude. I knew Dodgers were done after 6. I was hoping I was wrong, but those 2 extra-inning loses just takes so much out of a team mentally.

Barring any questionable moves, I see the Dodgers winning it sometime in the next 2 years, 3 tops. As a Dodgers fan, I'm not even disappointed. I don't even care that Darvish, Kershaw, and Morrow (he has an excuse) seemed to crumble during their biggest moment. Sometimes the game just goes that way.

Dodgers left so many people on base last night. Had it been anything but a game 7 after having been through 6 close games, I would've been disappointed at their lack of scoring. But I understand how worn out they were after the disappointing losses and the fight they showed in forcing a game 7 despite all that.

Astros were just a little more resilient. Perhaps they wanted it just a bit more. Congratulations to their team and their fans.

What a great day to be in H-Town!

I'm so giddy I can't stand it.

What a lousy day to be in H-Town.

Disappointed in AJ and Luhnow, but more so in the players. You guys are supposed to be the most talented roster in the MLB and yet you don't have enough confidence in your own abilities to keep from cheating.

I'm so bummed I can't stand it.

Say it ain't so.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
Was the GM and Coach fired? Or simply suspended? $5M fine too.
I always feel like the penalties should be stiffer.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
A life ban from baseball would be appropriate IMO. Cheating at this level of professionalism should not be a slap on the wrist. Loosing your job and a suspension is basically that. It’s what the cheater would expect happen pretty much.

This may hit the Red Sox, too. Then Astro bench coach now Red Sox manager Alex Cora "arranged for a video room technician to install a monitor displaying the center field camera feed immediately outside of the Astros’ dugout,” according to the report.

martym

Unacceptably Lasering Chicken Giblets?
Cora fired by the Red Sox.
Carlos Beltran, the only player named in the report, hired as manager of the New York Mets.

as an afterthought: Pete Rose still banned for life and Roger Clemons and Barry Bonds only have three shots left to get into Cooperstown.

The Boston Red Sox will be investigated next for sign-stealing. I think players proven to be part of this scandal should be punished, too.

martym

Unacceptably Lasering Chicken Giblets?
Me too!!
What I really wonder is how many teams are actually doing the same thing.
Hmmmm????
Spring training is just a month and a half away.

Top Bottom