What's new

World Series....who Do You Love ???

Mark,
I'm sorry but as much as I dislike the Astros (and we used to have their triple A affiliate), I dislike the Cardinals even more :biggrin: . I've never met a bigger cry-baby manager like LaRussa. With that being said, I believe that St. Louis has the best offense in the majors. However, good pitching beats good hitting. If the redbirds can manage to get by the Astros, I don't think the White Sox can win. So its simple, if the redbirds can get past the Astros, they will win the championship. Unless they have another meltdown like last year.

Still, did anyone notice the phenomal year the BoSox had without even having a healthy staff. BoSox again in 2006 :001_tt2: !

well the rams were going to pull off a miracle, so I thought, until Bulger got hurt...but what a showing it was against the COlts...

but what about them Cards ??? St louis is a very exciting baseball town and the next tweo days everyone medium including the barbershop will be buzzing about the home run and what will it be like on weds.....

When will the last game be played in Busch Stadium ??? This is another big item around here, becasue everyone wants to tell thier grand children about going to the three parks in thier lifetime....Sportsmans park, Busch Stadium and the new Stadium....

Did you know that St louis has had 9 major league ball parks ??? since 1861, st louis has had that many teams in pro ball...

its the little things that you learn in the barbershop....

mark tssb

well...we lost...what a way to go in the last days of old busch stadium...too bad...

but now we have the white sox and the asstro's.....anyone have thier favorites here ????

mark tssb

I don't root for either the Astros or Cardinals (actually a Phillies fan which is kind of like rooting for your ex-wife after you caught her in bed with your best friend) so I was watching the series strictly as a baseball fan.

I sincerely thought that Houston was done after that crushing blow from Pujols. I give Roy Oswalt all the credit in the world. He just slammed the door in the Cardinals faces. One of the color guys said that momentum was your next starting pitcher. Turned out to be true in this instance.

Should be a good series if you like pitching (which I do since I still pitch). I like the Astros in 6 games, although I wouldn't bet any body parts on that.

I agree, the astros' got very quiet after the homer...but the cards did not perform at all last night.....look at the errors in the field and passed balls.

Theie pitcher was amazing all night, he semmed like he could do no wrong...he worked the plate whereever he wanted to. Then they put the guys on the bases and ranup the score...

We hate to see the history of busch stadium end this way....but it had to end somehow....

there is always next year...

mark tssb

go rams...go dodge on the nascar tracks....

Top Bottom