What's new

Works in progress or Finally back on the lathe.

Graydog

Biblical Innards
Thanks @greydog I'm combining your previous advice which definitely helped with recent advice from @CigarSmoka and @D.S Thomson. The finish has been going much better on the other two. I have switched from using paper towel to apply with a rubber glove and using very little CA and spreading it very thin. The advice was actually all pretty similar but sometimes it takes hearing/reading something multiple times slightly different ways for things to click. At least for me. I turned 43 today and I still struggle with a lot of the terms and proper usage in English classes for my kids.
HAPPY Birthday Greg :) A not E :)

Thank you. And thank you. It was a good day. My wife leaves for work before I get up so my sweet kids brought me breakfast in bed. They are 11, 8 and 6 so it was oatmeal that was not well made, a banana and a bottle of Kefir. The oatmeal was literally barely eatable but it was a fantastic breakfast.

And here are the other two brushes over been working on. I need to figure out what knot yo put in the shorter handle. It's drilled for a 26mm. I will be keeping these two since a good friend of mine has more brushes that I've made than I do. I figure it's time to treat myself to some of my work.

20191121_123518.jpg

LOVE that segmented keyhole with a boar! The olivewood is a beauty too. You just can’t go wrong with olive, even a bad piece still looks pretty good.

LOVE that segmented keyhole with a boar! The olivewood is a beauty too. You just can’t go wrong with olive, even a bad piece still looks pretty good.

Thank you. The maple segment came from @Graydog and that wonderful tree. When I was originally turning a maple handle the knot cup split and was not salvageable. I didn't want to waste the rest so segmentation occured. When it's all said and done I wonder how many brushes will have come from that fabulous tree.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
And here are the other two brushes over been working on. I need to figure out what knot yo put in the shorter handle. It's drilled for a 26mm. I will be keeping these two since a good friend of mine has more brushes that I've made than I do. I figure it's time to treat myself to some of my work.

View attachment 1037090
Looks impressive, very nice workmanship.

Top Bottom