What's new

Working from home

I've been away from the site for a while. Things happen. My company has me working from home now since around May of last year. Just curious if many others have been and if that has dramatically changed your shaving habits. I now shave maybe once a week. Maybe.

Good question!

I decided to (mostly) retire given the current situation! So I am not working for pay these days.

This change in my situation has done little to change my daily shaving routine. Mainly, because I really enjoy my daily shaves!! :a29:

I have been working from home since May as well and still shave approximately 6 days a week. I am working toward retirement in the next 1-2 years, but I think even then I will want to shave 5-6 times a week. I'm with @BigJ, I really enjoy the zen of the 20 minutes listening to music, smelling the scents of soap, aftershave and the end result of the total experience.

Due to work from home I picked wetshaving up again so that’s a big plus. As to my routine, one day I shave my head the other the face. Before I shaved my face every day and my head every 3 days - with an electric....

The one thing that I really miss is my weekly appointment with my Algerian Barber for a complete Shavette shave plus beard trimming.

I've been working from home since last March and I still shave every day. I think my technique has improved because my shaves times have decreased and my results are better. And I'm able to continue working through what seems to be a bottomless pit of soaps and creams.

EclipseRedRing

I smell like a Christmas pudding
I have made a conscious decision and effort to maintain standards while working at home. I rise in the morning at the regular time, I dress for work in the office as normal, and I shave in the same way that I always have, and maintain my usual good hygiene and grooming. I do not want to become one of those guys that turns into a mess and gains 40lbs due to working at home, I can see it happening to some of my colleagues. I work fixed hours at home so as to maintain a healthy work life balance, and I take daily exercise and spend quality time with my wife. If I let my physical standards slip, including shaving, then I fear that my mental health will soon begin to suffer and I will rapidly deteriorate. So far so good but to be honest I am starting to struggle a bit.

I still shave every day so WFH (since March) hasn't made any difference other than to allow me a bit more morning time to enjoy my shave :)

Reactions: bjm
I actually only started shaving daily this year. I've found that staying clean, shaven, and fresh is pretty important to my overall self esteem even if I'm doing it for no one other than myself (and SWMBO of course). Prior to the lockdowns, I shaved maybe once every three days (even though I should've been a daily shaver).

I work from home most days these past several months. I have really enjoyed working from home. However, I believe it is important to keep a similar schedule as when I work in the office, so my shaving routine has stayed much the same.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Reactions: ctr

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
I have made a conscious decision and effort to maintain standards while working at home. I rise in the morning at the regular time, I dress for work in the office as normal, and I shave in the same way that I always have, and maintain my usual good hygiene and grooming. I do not want to become one of those guys that turns into a mess and gains 40lbs due to working at home, I can see it happening to some of my colleagues. I work fixed hours at home so as to maintain a healthy work life balance, and I take daily exercise and spend quality time with my wife. If I let my physical standards slip, including shaving, then I fear that my mental health will soon begin to suffer and I will rapidly deteriorate. So far so good but to be honest I am starting to struggle a bit.
My health forced me into retirement sooner than I wanted, and I let myself wallow for MUCH too long. This place helped. But even though it's winter here, my toughest time of year, I'm getting better, one step at a time. Starting to build a routine. Anyone who thinks they are immune from mental health issues better pray that they're right!

Top Bottom