What's new

Work Shoes

I am looking for some new work shoes! A little bit about me and needs. I am a Supervisor of Quality Control at American Airlines, as such I wear a uniform consisting of either black/dark blue slacks and a grey button down shirt. These need to have slip resistant soles. Steel toes are not required. I prefer slip on/loafer style, but wouldn't be opposed to lace ups. What are your recommendations?

Tom

I am looking for some new work shoes! A little bit about me and needs. I am a Supervisor of Quality Control at American Airlines, as such I wear a uniform consisting of either black/dark blue slacks and a grey button down shirt. These need to have slip resistant soles. Steel toes are not required. I prefer slip on/loafer style, but wouldn't be opposed to lace ups. What are your recommendations?

Tom
Allen Edmonds makes a Chelsea boot called the Tate. I believe it would do well for you. I have a pair and am very happy with the comfort. Just dressy enough for work but nice non slip sole. Very light slip on boots.

Redwing Heritage makes a heavier duty Chelsea. I was looking at those as well but haven’t worn them.

Tom
Red Wing 101 Postman Oxford
proxy.php

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
These need to have slip resistant soles. Steel toes are not required. I prefer slip on/loafer style

Depending on the specific requirements you have for the sole, you could consider getting any pair of shoes with leather sole and having a Vibram half-sole applied by a competent cobbler.

IE from this ...

proxy.php

... to this ...

proxy.php

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
Tough call. The postman oxford fit the bill but looks? Not so trendy. Can you wear a boot red wing IR?
As for slip ons. Maybe a loafer?

I used to live in this sure of Dr Martens. I found them hard wearing and comfy. Down side is the price around £115 a pair now.

11839002.jpg

Top Bottom