What's new

Work Pants Recommendation

Macfrommichigan -- have you ever worn Filson pants and if so, in your opinion, is it worth the money? Doesn't sound like it's very practical for work pants if you can only damp sponge it or wash it in cold water and have to line dry it.

Yep. They have different kinds, wool, tin cloth, etc. None that are made for washer and dryer like a pair of Dockers... but able to handle the elements. Think North woods, hunting, Alaska, etc. Places where there are no clothes dryers.

OldSaw

The wife's investment
I’ve been wearing Duluth Trading Company fire hose work pants for several years now. I can tell you that their “No Bull Guarantee” is just that. My first two pair shrank a bit in length and when I stopped in to get a couple more, I mentioned that I’d like the next size up in length due to the last ones shrinking. The clerk said they would replace them with no questions asked. I told her that I had already been wearing them for ten months and she said that was not a problem. So I brought them in and just like that I had two brand new pair.

I like the way they fit. My previous work pants where Carhartt jeans and they were really restricting things in the family area while driving. Since I spend most of my day driving (flatbed semi truck) I figured I should have something a little more roomy where I need it. When I’m not driving, I’m busy strapping, chaining, and tarping, so I need something that is tough.

When it’s cold I wear DTC Shirtjac fleece lined fire hose shirts topped with a DTC Sherpa lined fire hose vest.

Wrangler Rustlers at Walmart are (or were) a lot thicker than their usual casual jeans.

I said "or were" because I haven't purchased any new ones in several years, but at the time they were made of American cloth in Mexico I believe. Sizing was a little off, but they were quite comfortable.

They might still be the same.

I went with the Fire Hose DuluthFlex Carpenter Pants. I bought two pairs. They feel great! Well constructed and I like the location of the belt loops. Keeps my tools where I want them and out of the way.

Since they hold up well, Duluth is very comfortable and worth the investment. For years, I wore their brand and would never go back to jeans. I also prefer the lil peep sweatpants and if you get them on sale, the price is fair. Right now, it looks like they might be on sale if you like them. The fabric stretches a little and has a "crotch gusset" that is a problem for me, which has prevented chaffing.

I'm a fan of the Duluth pants that I've owned. I have some "fire hose" pants and a couple other more casual pants for warm weather wear. Sounds like you already purchased some, so I think you'll be pleased.
I will say that I wasn't a fan of their khakis. They were incredibly wide. I'm a thin fella, but these were like MC Hammer pants. YMMV, of course.

I went with the Fire Hose DuluthFlex Carpenter Pants. I bought two pairs. They feel great! Well constructed and I like the location of the belt loops. Keeps my tools where I want them and out of the way.

How did you find the fit? I bought some a while back and their measuring tape must be broken. No way in hell they were a 34 waist.

Top Bottom