What's new

Work Appropriate Aftershave

Proraso Green! Perfect and very fleeting.

+1 on Proraso Green - I wear to the office regularly. Really only lasts 30-60 minutes...

Also Stirling Lime is very subtle. It actually stays around for a bit but is very unassuming. After 1 hour, someone would need to be right up on you to smell it at all, and even then it is very subtle. I had this on Monday and Tuesday to work....and in my office, if anyone smelled anything even remotely "commentable" it definitley would be commented on! :)

I use D.R. Harris Pink Aftershave as my "neutral" aftershave. It has less alcohol than many other aftershaves (2nd ingredient after water): So there is the slight sting but it doesn't burn your face off like some. The scent is very light rose that mostly dissipates. For me it doesn't interfere with my colognes, and only using this might just leave a hint that could be mistaken as a nice soap odour lingering subtilely. Can be purchased in a very large refill bottle to reduce the price quite a bit.

Myrsol lotions are lightly scented, and leave the skin feeling smooth, refreshed and hydrated. I have the lemon version, the scent is light citrus and gone in maybe 15 minutes. Had the blue version and loved it, a mild powdery-fresh scent, and a delight to use. Can't go wrong with these two, and you get about six ounces in a heavy glass bottle with a solid cap. Price about $30 IIRC.

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
Hello all!
I am looking for an aftershave with little-to-no scent (or VERY shortly lived) with great face feel. I like a little bit of sting and don't love loads of menthol. My favorite aftershave so far has been Barrister Reserve, but all of them are a little too strong on a workday for me.

Thus far, I'm debating between speick, stirling unscented, or lucky tiger. I generally 3017 all of my shave products to keep a small den, so multiple isn't ideal. What would you pick/recommend?

Thank you in advance

Barrister and Mann what?
Captains Choice would be my choice for you predicated on quality, face feel, scent strength and longevity. The scents are mild and only last around 30 minutes.

Many Bay Rums out there that die down quickly, but smell great up front. Liked this post...definitely should be considered if you're looking for a product that won't offend in the workplace.

For a drugstore aftershave, try Gillette After Shave Gel for sensitive skin. I find the mild scent almost disappears after 10 minutes.
It costs about $3 here in Canada so it won't break the bank if you don't like it. It's what I wear when I venture into "scent free" places like a Doctor's or Dentist's office.

I work in scent-free environment and really appreciate it.

Wow, $13 (stirling unscented) for Denatured Alcohol, Witch Hazel, Aloe, Glycerin, Hydrovance.

I would definitely give Lucky Tiger a try. I have one and enjoy it. It also lasts a long time.
Ingredients: Purified Water (Aqua), Polysorbate 20, Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel) Distillate, Glycerin, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract, Borago Officinalis (Borage) Seed Oil, Chamomillia Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Sodium Hydroxide, Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E Acetate), Retinyl Palmitate (Vitamin A Palmitate), Trisodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Benzoate, Fragrance (Citrus Essential Oils)

Witch Hazel on its own is a great after shave.

For a great face feel try a balm, like Weleda, Pre de Provence, Edwin Jagger Aloe Vera. They are all very discrete.

EclipseRedRing

I smell like a Christmas pudding
It must just be me but I miss the days of strong powerhouse scents in the workplace. I suspect those who may be offended by an aftershave will soon enough find something else of which they do not approve.

Thank you for taking other people into consideration. You would be surprised at how many others think they are alone in the world.
Colognes that have a matching a/s are better as evening scents. Aftershave/colognes
are best as ‘weekend’ scents. Shaving for work requires a traditional barber’s a/s.
For high humidity, when all you need is an alcohol splash, check out Gabels, or Boosters
products, if it’s dry and you need some moisturization, Master and Stephan’s products work well.
Remember, just like everything else, the right a/s for the situation.

Another vote for Lucky Tiger. I used it for years. Moisturizes, has a good face feel and a light citrus scent that will disappear before you even get to the office.

Top Bottom