What's new

Work Appropriate Aftershave

Hello all!
I am looking for an aftershave with little-to-no scent (or VERY shortly lived) with great face feel. I like a little bit of sting and don't love loads of menthol. My favorite aftershave so far has been Barrister Reserve, but all of them are a little too strong on a workday for me.

Thus far, I'm debating between speick, stirling unscented, or lucky tiger. I generally 3017 all of my shave products to keep a small den, so multiple isn't ideal. What would you pick/recommend?

Thank you in advance

CzechCzar

Use the Fat, Luke!
Lucky tiger face tonic can't be beat for the price.

Best I have tried is Sebum gold or grooming department serum. a bit pricier though.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Maybe No. 4711 Original Aftershave.

The light Chris accent profile sounds great to me but I have never pulled the trigger because it supposedly has a very short life when applied. For your needs something light that doesn't longer for hours might be the ticket. The price is right and all the hundreds of positive reviews around the internet can't all be wrong.
proxy.php

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Imperial Barber Bergamot After-Shave is good stuff...the scent is very light when applied, and goes away pretty quickly. It's one of my favorites among the lighter-scented aftershaves.

If you enjoy your place of work, Lucky Tiger is what I'd suggest.
If you don't enjoy your place of work and have something else lined up, I'd suggest the Veg chosen or not!

Captains Choice would be my choice for you predicated on quality, face feel, scent strength and longevity. The scents are mild and only last around 30 minutes.

Another vote for Lucky Tiger. Feels great on your skin and the scent doesn't last long. There's a good reason for it's long time popularity.

I find Sterling Mountain Man to be very light and fresh. I don't worry wearing it to work. It's a Creed Silver Mountain Water dupe which to my nose is a light smelling and inoffensive scent to begin with. I use the AS balm though. Not sure if the splash is a lot stronger. Face feel with Sterling balms is second to none.

Flintstone65

Imagining solutions for imaginary problems
Krampert's Finest Acadian Spice Bay Rum. You can find it at Maggards and West Coast Shaving carries it as well. This is a face nourisher aftershave with a really pleasant scent that unless you are nuzzled by a co-worker, they won't know it's on you. It's my favorite and only aftershave (except for Krampert's Finest Frostbite, but that's a menthol one).

Thanks for starting this thread. I mostly work from home, and the LOTH will not abide by any strong scents....although she has been close enough to positively comment on the Krampert's Bay Rum and Frostbite scents. FWIW, these are made by a one-man-shop/artisan in Maine.

Thank you all very much! This has been massively informative. For the price, and given many recommendations, it looks like Lucky Tiger is going to be hard to beat. I will certainly keep checking/referencing this list for future ideas though.

If you want a nice icy tingle I'd recommend Aqua Velva Ice Blue. Scent dissipates instantly too. Personally, I like the reviews on Lucky Tiger.

If you have a Japanese grocery near you, Lúcido is a big fave of mine.
Near-neutral scent, mild menthol, great face feel.

Bay Rum has been my go to for years. The bay oils hydrate the skin and no one will no you're wearing it except the wife when she comes in for an after work smooch.

Dominica is gone but the Grand Bay is acceptable replacement.

Chris

Top Bottom