What's new

Words pronounced.

LOL. There was a thread awhile back and I recall a native German speaker commenting on Google being spot on. Same with the Portuguese. We have both German and Portuguese native speakers who are quite active and I hope they chime in to verify.

Smog, but like se-mog and Moo-luh

This is correct. The Google translate version is the "Brazilian" Portuguese, sounds ridiculous btw. NOT the Brazilian Portuguese, just this particular word.

My limited knowledge of German leads me to believe Google must be correct about Muhle.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
Heck I don't know. I just say Mule and Smoge - like Smo then add the G sound.

I pretty much never have spoken these words aloud to anyone so it doesn't matter to me.

I think I will use B&B 'native speaker' as my new translator. Another great benefit of this wonderful forum.

It's only a matter of accent anyway, Tony. But specifically talking about the word Semogue, the difference is quite significant.
It's the same as with the English language and its different accents. The European Portuguese doesn't sound the same as the South American or the African Portuguese.

It's only a matter of accent anyway, Tony. But specifically talking about the word Semogue, the difference is quite significant.
It's the same as with the English language and its different accents. The European Portuguese doesn't sound the same as the South American or the African Portuguese.

It all sounds Greek to me. :laugh:

My logic says that since it the brushes were owned by someone named Gomes and the company name is (roughly translated) I, Gomes backwards, then it should be pronounced Say Mogue...like the "se" in sell and mogue like rogue. I could be wrong and probably am!

Top Bottom