What's new

Wordle the new pandemic?

It seems there is a new pandemic on the loose -- and it's a word puzzle game called Wordle. Everyone I know is playing the game and I hear it's quite addictive. I haven't tried it yet, but I think I will give it a go. Anyone else hooked on Wordle?

Ahh one of the many cloned knock offs. There's no actual mobile version of the game, it's only web based
Knock off or not. PC or Phone based, I found it to be a huge waste of my time in short order. I always try things for myself before rendering a judgement one way or the other.

I had avoided it because of it's popularity. Then my wife and daughter started doing it. I figured it could be a fun "family" thing. It's simple, short, has some strategy elements to it. But what I like the most is you don't have to do it all right then. Try a couple words, get kinda stuck, leave it alone and come back to it later. There are way worst ways to occupy ones spare moments. Just don't play while driving.

I use a web-based version, no download. It's kind of like the old game "Mastermind." I enjoy it, but I'm also a sudoku fan as well.

There are multiple Wordle clones out there, but the official version is at the New York Times, who reportedly paid “low seven figures” for it. It’s fun, but as others have said, it comes out once per day so it’s not a huge time waster if you stick to the official version. If you go after the clones and get hooked, that’s on you!

I'm not good at word games, and really hate those where you have to rearrange letters to form different words. I started playing Wordle before the guy sold it to NYT for 6 figures. I play it most days and don't keep track, but as someone with mostly grunts and a 4-letter word vocabulary, I do pretty well.

For those who want to more than one a day (I don't), try this link. You can do todays or choose random words:

I'm not good at word games, and really hate those where you have to rearrange letters to form different words. I started playing Wordle before the guy sold it to NYT for 6 figures. I play it most days and don't keep track, but as someone with mostly grunts and a 4-letter word vocabulary, I do pretty well.

For those who want to more than one a day (I don't), try this link. You can do todays or choose random words:

Does this mean you're enabling a new AD? Perhaps WGAD - Word Game Acquisition Disorder?

I play it and like it. I am glad it only comes out once a day. Things like this are supposedly good for the aging brain, and I need all the help I can get in that regard.

I am not a big fan of similar such games in general. But this one is appealing to me for some reason. For me at least, it takes a lot of strategy and care to avoid wasting guesses.

Top Bottom