What's new

Word of WARNING Blades from Amazon

I shaved with a Personna Med Prep the other day (New Box), and I ended up with razor burn so bad my wife wanted me to go to the Doctor. I figured it was me, maybe I pressed to hard. I tried shaving again today, and on a hunch I poped an old Personna with 5 shaves already on it, and I did a few passes, it went like butter. I then switched back, and my hair was getting pulled. I then tried another new one and the same thing, this leads me to believe that these are fake or bad stock, I have no evidence, just saying, buy with caution.

This has me thinking about the Feather I bought from Amazon, and maybe that's why they are not as good as they are made out to be.

Anyone have a legit place for personna med preps?

I'd rather not say, I could be wrong, and I could end up hurting someone that's not at fault. I was able to set up a return so the only harm done was a bad razor burn on my neck (I mean BAD), and a week lost that I wont have some good Med preps to use.

Here's a pic, I notice the box is not the same as Robbins... But that's it .

Attachments

• $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 483
First, the blades should have imprinted on them For Hospital Use. These are the ONLY med prep blades. I buy mine from Robbins Instruments in either 100 blades or 250 blades. As you can see Robbins is not in the shaving business but is a medical supply company!

using a Med prep from a sample pack with 5 shaves already on it was much smoother than 2 brand new blades randomly chosen in the box. the diffrence was night and day.

No1up- It would be nice to know which vendor is selling bad blades. If you aren't going to tell us, then why post this thread? We can't just avoid all vendors selling blades on Amazon. There are many reputable ones there. I have bought many blades on Amazon without a problem.
Kevinmyhre- which vendors are selling knock-offs?

No1up- It would be nice to know which vendor is selling bad blades. If you aren't going to tell us, then why post this thread? We can't just avoid all vendors selling blades on Amazon. There are many reputable ones there. I have bought many blades on Amazon without a problem.
Kevinmyhre- which vendors are selling knock-offs?

Dalton, I will be more than happy to PM you. However, I'm not sure the vendor is at fault. Until I try Med preps from a reputable source, I will have no way of knowing, I could just have the worlds most amazing MED prep sample blade. But 2 out of the 100 in this box could not cut through stubble.

Can someone confirm that Med Preps come in this box? The picture from Medical vendors have a hard cardboard box.

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
I, too, was less than satisfied with the ones I bought from Amazon. The Astras, on the other hand, were fabulous.

So it sounds like there might be some truth to the continually asked question: Are there fake Personna Med preps being made?
If people are hesitant about naming the vendors, then possibly submit the vendors name to the DE blades moderator, to keep track of, and see if there is a recurring pattern.

Personna blades have always been consistent for me, but there was talk recently of Personna being sold & the Verona plant getting shuttered. If the blades are indeed genuine & subpar maybe they are re-tooling or moving production to another plant?

I would think it's more likely than the blades were from a bad batch than counterfeit. If the blades being sold by the vendor were all like that, it would serve little purpose, as Amazon has a 100% satisfaction return policy with free return shipping.
Additionally, Amazon monitors vendors returns and complaints, and will pull a vendor who has excessive complaints or returns.

Last edited:
I will try one more random blade from the box tomorrow. The thing about this blade is it is easy to tell when it is not this blade. If that makes any sense? This blade is so smooth you can't feel a thing, just smooth... The one's I received pull more hair than they cut.

Top Bottom