What's new

Worcestershire sauce

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
Henderson’s Relish. Yes, it's more of a Worcestershire sauce style, than a HP brown sauce. Use it for pies, cheese on toast, fish and chips, soups, stews, marinades, all that kind of thing. No amazon link in your post, so I can't confirm.

I do like HP/brown sauce, but it is a bit of a lost cause away from bacon and sausage in my opinion.
Ok. It Henderson’s Relish. Just ordered a bottle. Bacon and sausage are health foods. You need to start watching Ivar Cummins on YouTube - even though he is Irish. A-1 sauce is my favored steak sauce over here.
Henderson's Relish 284ml https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0145F984E/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_KcWWEbD8MHW00

Thanks
Better living through lard!

Mmmmm.... A-1 Steak Sauce ... i fell in love with that when i first visited the USA.... and Franks Chicken Wing sauce. I used to say to my wife "don't let me order a full portion of Wings - just a starter portion"... 🍗🍗🍗🍗🍗🍗

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Is this “Henderson’s Sauce”? $21 for a 3 pack in Amazon. Since I’m a L&P addict, is this something I might like? Used for the same purposes? You’ve really my curious antenna sparking. I’m not really an HP fan.
I am a lifelong lover of L&P. I prefer Henderson’s Relish. While similar, it has a bit of sweet and tangy to it.

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
I am a lifelong lover of L&P. I prefer Henderson’s Relish. While similar, it has a bit of sweet and tangy to it.
I’m pretty excited about it with all you “Englishters” raving about it. It will be here day after tomorrow and I’m going to fry up an oversized hamburger patty and slather it in Henderson’s Relish. I’ll report back upon completion. 😃

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
I’m pretty excited about it with all you “Englishters” raving about it. It will be here day after tomorrow and I’m going to fry up an oversized hamburger patty and slather it in Henderson’s Relish. I’ll report back upon completion. 😃
Try a few drops on a spoon, it’s pretty good.

Mmmmm.... A-1 Steak Sauce ... i fell in love with that when i first visited the USA.... and Franks Chicken Wing sauce. I used to say to my wife "don't let me order a full portion of Wings - just a starter portion"... 🍗🍗🍗🍗🍗🍗

Ironic, as A1 Sauce originated in Britain though has a long history in America:

"In 1824 Henderson William Brand, a chef to King George IV of the United Kingdom, created the original sauce on which A.1. is based.[3] A popular myth has it that the king declared it "A.1." and the name was born.[4] It went into commercial production under the Brand & Co. label in 1831,...A.1. was officially registered as a trademark in the U.S. in 1895, and imported and distributed in the United States" -Wiki

(assuming from you're username that you're from U.K.)

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Ironic, as A1 Sauce originated in Britain though has a long history in America:

"In 1824 Henderson William Brand, a chef to King George IV of the United Kingdom, created the original sauce on which A.1. is based.[3] A popular myth has it that the king declared it "A.1." and the name was born.[4] It went into commercial production under the Brand & Co. label in 1831,...A.1. was officially registered as a trademark in the U.S. in 1895, and imported and distributed in the United States" -Wiki

(assuming from you're username that you're from U.K.)
Don’t like A1 on my steak, but wish Whataburger would bring back the A1 thick and hearty burger.

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
I like it on hamburger instead of mustard
Excellent!

There's a bit of an "in-joke" about it being Sheffield's secret, that they don't let others know about. Some inquisitive media outlet once approached Henderson’s, because some celebrity or other from outside Sheffield had been singing its praises. The company's response, was along the lines of "It has been brought to our attention, that some of our bottles have strayed beyond the Sheffield city boundary. We are not sure yet as to how this happened, but a full and thorough inquiry will be made" :D
Henderson’s Relish arrives tomorrow. I just took a three pound pack out of the freezer and I’ll be prepared tomorrow!

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
Henderson’s Relish arrives tomorrow. I just took a three pound pack out of the freezer and I’ll be prepared tomorrow!

Ahh, so you're going for in rather than on?

As far as I'm concerned, it works great all ways round. I use it in marinades, I use it in cooking soups and stews, and I use it as a table condiment too. Not all three on the same dish though :biggrin1:

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
Ahh, so you're going for in rather than on?

As far as I'm concerned, it works great all ways round. I use it in marinades, I use it in cooking soups and stews, and I use it as a table condiment too. Not all three on the same dish though :biggrin1:
Same as we use Worcestershire sauce which has always been my #1 all around sauce. It would be good to have another just as good but different if that makes any sense.

Top Bottom