What's new

Worcestershire sauce

Where can you get it by the Gallon?
I get it at a wholesale grocer for restaurants called Smart Foodservice Warehouse Stores. They used to be called Cash & Carry part of the Smart & Final company. It's about $14 for one gallon, which to me, is a bargain!
20200424_141605.jpg

Legion

Staff member
I use it with all sorts of things. Added it to the chilli I made tonight. My wife gets mad at me, but it works.

Growing up, we learned it Woost-ta-sheer.

An hour west of Boston is Worcester, Mass, which is pronounced Woos-ta. So the Woos=ta part always made sense. Yet thinking about it, Aaron''s pronunciation makes more sense. In any case, it adds a wallop of flavor to anything it's added to.

Woooosh-ta-shire.

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"

An hour west of Boston is Worcester, Mass, which is pronounced Woos-ta. So the Woos=ta part always made sense. Yet thinking about it, Aaron''s pronunciation makes more sense. In any case, it adds a wallop of flavor to anything it's added to.
Hey Bob, haven't talked to you in a while. I hope you and family are doing OK. Glad you are around.

kelbro

Alfred Spatchcock
I remember their marketing campaign back in the 70s hyping 'Sizzle Burgers'. Shake a little on a burger and it really wakes up the lean grinds.

Legion

Staff member

That's how it was always said here as well.

Top Bottom