What's new

Woohoo!!! Opus 1870

I just won an e-bay auction for an atomizer (50 ml) of Opus 1870 bij Penhaligon for a grand total of 17 pounds. I'm soo damn excited. out of the samples that I got from them this was my favorite and here was my thinking I could never afford it in my lifetime. Even with shipping that's only about half of what they charge themselves.

Just thought I'd share the excitement

Opus is a great scent; it is one of my favorites as well.

If you'd like to compound the effect, order the Pine & Cedarwood shaving soap from QEDUSA.com The cedar overtures in the Opus compliment and add to the QED scent very well.

-joedy

Hmm.... if Opus 1870 has similar notes to Pine and Cedarwood QED, I may have to consider sampling some.....

I find that the number one note to Opus is a cedar scent.

It's not a one-note odor, mind you, but a blend of notes that together imply the woodiness associated with cedar scents.

-joedy

Of the Penhaligon's samples I received, Opus 1870 was easily my favorite. In fact, I think that it's one of the best fragrances I've ever tried.

I got my bottle of Hammam today, and it came with a sample of Opus and Douro. I haven't tried the Douro yet, but WOW the Opus is amazing, heh. I love the woody smell to it. You guys are going to drive me broke! :eek:

hello folks...just startin out here...opus 1870 and hammam bouquet are the one i've lived with for a while ...1870 is awesome and modern...hammam is of the golden age but i much prefer that..waiting on lavandula as its been described as a masculine lavender...all things lavender are good...but fat thumbs up on 1870 certainly...:)

Different scents for different folks I guess...I can't smell the pepper on myself, but I can smell the cedar as very pronounced. Odd how these scents work, eh?

To add to Crispy's comment... I let a buddy try it today, and the cedar was pronounced on him, with the pepper pronounced on me. Kind of odd, but I guess that's body chemistry.

rvbert0 said:
To add to Crispy's comment... I let a buddy try it today, and the cedar was pronounced on him, with the pepper pronounced on me. Kind of odd, but I guess that's body chemistry.

Yep

Its an interesting scent to say the least... I think I'm leaning more away from it at the moment, and he's leaning toward using it (so He'll get my decant, and I'll move to the LP or Endymion to try them for a week each... again...).

I find the Penhaligon scents to be kinda hit or miss on me, and I've had some minor difficulties in having the notes associated with each of their scents show up on me, for example, with the LP, I smell it as a very sweet, very sensual fragrance, while females have remarked it as being more of a musky (I think they're classifying it as a musky sexual type note, which I guess I can detect), spicier more than sweeter, scent... but as I stated above, I don't quite get all that from the LP, and I detect the sweetness.

Top Bottom